Author Topic: LONGMORE STREET BIRMINGHAM  (Read 42667 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: LONGMORE STREET BIRMINGHAM
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2011, 09:05:46 AM »
Mocky

There is no need for an email address, just go here and follow the instructions. It's pretty simple.

http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4681.0.html

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mocky

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2011, 10:58:42 AM »
Hello Janey,
I think his name is Tucker,I left Hope St for a while and went on to Sparkhill commercial School blimey what a dump couldn't wait to get back,school was vicious in our days really and the teachers were sadistic and enjoyed canning people,sad times really,but I must admit I could not wait until July15th came and I could leave school and experience life and must say I have met some brilliant people along the way,Iv'e been married with three children 5 grand children and 2 step grandchildren,and done a lot of work with animals and enjoyed every minute of it,I found this site looking for old photo's of
Longmore St,some names are flooding back and one girl I do remember is Jean Mcilroy,she married someone from Cleavedon Road,Jean was my partner at that school dance she was lovely girl, it makes you wonder what some of them are doing now,M
Hi Janey,
Yes that's it,blimey you have a good memory,it was me Tommy and Johnny Rashman in the final three pairs,and yes I do recall these names,Do you remember Kathleen Mcgowen,all the boys were after her,she was going out with a boy named Charlie Foot,What is your surname just to see if I can remember you,it's a pleasure talking to you and trying to recall these days,Unfortunately we all have moved on some married some divorced,some passed on, but there are some of us left,keep the memories alive do you ever hear from any of old school pals, I moved to Essex in the early eighties,but moved back to Birmingham and started my own business,and as qualified Animal psychologist,I have been featured on the Ed Doolan show WM Radio helping owners with Animal/Pet behaviour problems,have look at the website www.askpetpaws.com have you got any photo's of you to see if I can recognise you,have a lovely day and hopefully will chat later take care,Mocky :)
Mocky

janey

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2011, 03:55:08 PM »
Hi Mocky,  I remember Charlie Foot I started Rea St with him when we were 5, I thought the girls name was Kathleen McDonald, I also remember Jean McIlwraith,they always looked so much more grown up than some of us girls, I have been chatting to Irene Williams on Friends Reunited, and Barbara Sallis, do you remember either of those, your right about some of the teachers being nasty, the gym teacher really didn't like me, nor the needlework teacher, and they could make it pretty uncomfortable for you,

mocky

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »
Hello Jane,Yes it's probably me not recalling there surnames,the other two names elude me at the moment but will try and recall them,,I had some friends at Hope St but my closest friends were at different schools,I do remember a couple Johnny Roberts (jumping jack) he hated that name he always appeared to be on springs as he walked lol, he was a good friend though,Noel Powell,Last I heard he had passed away(my best mate for many years,I lost contact with him when I moved to Essex and later had the news he had passed on,I am so sorry I do not recall you but if you could let me have your surname I am sure I would remember youI do not go onto Freinds reunited or any other site like that keep well :) ,M
Hi Mocky,  I remember Charlie Foot I started Rea St with him when we were 5, I thought the girls name was Kathleen McDonald, I also remember Jean McIlwraith,they always looked so much more grown up than some of us girls, I have been chatting to Irene Williams on Friends Reunited, and Barbara Sallis, do you remember either of those, your right about some of the teachers being nasty, the gym teacher really didn't like me, nor the needlework teacher, and they could make it pretty uncomfortable for you,
Mocky

janey

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2011, 04:30:59 PM »
Mocky I sent you a message you will find it on your profile

mocky

« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2011, 04:46:51 PM »
Got it thanks, ;)
Mocky I sent you a message you will find it on your profile
Mocky

mocky

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2011, 05:11:43 PM »
The Jean I am on about married an asian man who owned a cafe in cleavedon road,I think the cafe was called the Kashmir,his name was Abdul,but I am sure her surname was mcilroy,she was in one class below me at school.mind you thinking about it she did look rather grown up having reflected on it,M
Mocky

mocky

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
Janey,My surname is AZIZ,everyone knows me as Mocky(nick name)grew up all of my life with it
Mocky Aziz,
Mocky

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2011, 08:15:16 PM »
The Kashmir Café toward the middle right of the photo. This must have been taken shortly before the street was demolished.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

rwmcgowan

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2011, 08:32:53 PM »
mocky , have 4 sisters , only one went to hope street,  kathleen  mcgowan , has lived in australia for 43 years , has done very well , i onlly went to hope street  for 12 months 51 to 52 , did a spell at dennis road  n from 1950 to 1951 didnt like it , glad to leave but did like my spell at hope street , ganged up with pat roach and john randall ,  there was also miriam din, jimmy rose and frankie ellis , kath is over on a visit to the uk in two weeks time , rwm

john2000

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2011, 08:48:16 PM »
Phil.. I've just had a look at location, location, location, but cant find any of the photos of Coxs St West,?, remember you posted a lot on the forum, I dont know what happened to them, but it would be great if they where to be put back on again...John 2.  O0
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy