Author Topic: LONGMORE STREET BIRMINGHAM  (Read 42653 times)

Bari

Re: LONGMORE STREET BIRMINGHAM
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2012, 12:19:05 PM »
Bari,

Yes I remember Dares Brewery well, in fact I had a relation (by marriage) that had a shop close by on Belgrave Rd.
Amazing, where do you get these photo's from. Why don't you compile a book of them and sell them.
I think therefore I am

Spud

« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2012, 12:26:57 PM »
Dares Brewery. The owner whose name escapes me was the brother of Harry Dare the Alum Rock Builder
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Bari

« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »
Dares Brewery. The owner whose name escapes me was the brother of Harry Dare the Alum Rock Builder
Thanks Spud.
I think therefore I am

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2012, 12:31:26 PM »
Amazing, where do you get these photo's from. Why don't you compile a book of them and sell them.

Bari

You cant sell what doesn't belong to you, they are just images that I have collected over the years. Though I try my best not to post those with copyright issues I could never be sure enough to compile a book with them.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Bari

« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2012, 12:42:14 PM »

Bari

You cant sell what doesn't belong to you, they are just images that I have collected over the years. Though I try my best not to post those with copyright issues I could never be sure enough to compile a book with them.
Phil, fair comment, but I would argue that Carl Chinn has gone into print notably with his recollections in the main of Aston.
I think therefore I am

Bari

« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2012, 12:44:51 PM »

Bari

[/quote) Do you have a photo of Ivy (my mother) with my nephew on a space hopper my nephew Karl told me about it last night when he discovered that I had joined the web site.
I think therefore I am

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2012, 02:05:14 PM »
Bari

No there is some sort of a misunderstanding about this, what I did do was post a link for your brother to Photographers Direct who are a commercial organisation who stock photos they had an image of your mothers at the top of Pearson St outside the shop next to your house.  As it was a commercial site I later deleted the link after he had followed it. They are no longer displaying the image on their site but I'm sure if you contacted the site they would still have a copy for sale.

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Bari

« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2012, 02:55:46 PM »
Bari

No there is some sort of a misunderstanding about this, what I did do was post a link for your brother to Photographers Direct who are a commercial organisation who stock photos they had an image of your mothers at the top of Pearson St outside the shop next to your house.  As it was a commercial site I later deleted the link after he had followed it. They are no longer displaying the image on their site but I'm sure if you contacted the site they would still have a copy for sale.
Phil, thank you I can contact them now I have their details.
I think therefore I am

janey

« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2012, 05:57:39 PM »
Phil, thank you I can contact them now I have their details.
Bari theres a photo of your mom on this site  https://www.facebook.com/groups/157534697678940/

Bari

« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2012, 06:05:33 PM »
Bari theres a photo of your mom on this site  https://www.facebook.com/groups/157534697678940/
Ahh, thank you Janey you are an angel xx
I think therefore I am

janey

« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2012, 06:06:33 PM »
Ahh, thank you Janey you are an angel xx
your welcome  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy