Author Topic: Some questions about studying in Birmingham  (Read 12742 times)

berniew

Re: Some questions about studying in Birmingham
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2009, 10:00:54 AM »
Well presumably Tramp ,Jerry has been champiohing ant rights and claims to have sied over 2000 offspring with spouse Anthea

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2009, 10:23:10 AM »
I lecture in the Department of Animal and Plant Sciences.
http://www.shef.ac.uk/aps/

We had another member on here once from Sheffield. He was interested in plants and green spaces.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Science

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2009, 11:57:02 AM »
Hello Science do you know much about ants , one of our members may have some genealogy questions

I'm more into Botany than Zoology berniew, although you can always ask for nothing. I may be able to ask a colleague or provide a suitable web link.

denise

« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2009, 12:02:28 PM »
I have never been able to understand peeps who try to be someone else.It must be very confusing.If one thing is clear it shows a complete contempt for the people who they chat to and trying to make a fool of them.Maybe they do not have the confidence to be themselves.........a bit sad really.

tramp

« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2009, 12:05:14 PM »
berniew,

Over 2000 - not many ANTiclimaxes there, eh?

Science

« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2009, 12:17:44 PM »
We had another member on here once from Sheffield. He was interested in plants and green spaces.

Phil

Sheffield does seem to be a hotspot for environmentalists. A colleague of mine, Dr Nigel Dunnett http://google.shef.ac.uk/search?q=nigel+dunnett&btnG=Search&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&output=xml_no_dtd&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=default_frontend&proxystylesheet=default_frontend&site=default_collection, works in the Department of Landscape http://www.shef.ac.uk/landscape/study/cityandregion.html, is well known nationally and has been on Gardener's World a few times for his work on Green Roofs. 

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2009, 12:45:34 PM »
Strangely enough this member I refer to also had a counterpart that professed to be from Birmingham and was studying at Sheffield University!!!!

It turned out that they were both the same person. We seem to get more than our fair share of agitators from Sheffield. I have to say that perhaps they are all one person. As such generalisations are unfair to the people of Sheffield.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Science

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2009, 12:52:40 PM »
Strangely enough this member I refer to also had a counterpart that professed to be from Birmingham and was studying at Sheffield University!!!!

It turned out that they were both the same person. We seem to get more than our fair share of agitators from Sheffield. I have to say that perhaps they are all one person. As such generalisations are unfair to the people of Sheffield.

Phil

In case you hadn't noticed Phil I'm not studying at university, I'm teaching.
I'm still at a loss to understand your paranoia about why you, and a few other forummers, have got it into your mind that I'm trying to pretend to be somebody that I'm not, or even two different people.
Can you please explain to me where this paranoia comes from and what it's all about?

denise

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2009, 01:01:26 PM »
 :idiot2: :2funny:

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2009, 01:12:43 PM »
Science

I will explain for the benefit of newcomers to the forum a little of what has caused this paranoia as you describe it.

In the past we have had members join this forum under several different names for the sole purpose of causing upheaval. Why else would you want different aliases?

Eventually they have been found out and removed from the forum.

In your case you have joined this forum, only to post on two threads where you can have a negative poke at Birmingham. Why have you not posted on any other thread? Do you not have any memories of Birmingham? You have only lived in Sheffield since you attained your position there, so surely you have memories of Birmingham?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

berniew

« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2009, 01:28:37 PM »
Jerry has family who have appeared on Gardeners World

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy