Author Topic: Some questions about studying in Birmingham  (Read 12736 times)

Science

Re: Some questions about studying in Birmingham
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »
Science

I will explain for the benefit of newcomers to the forum a little of what has caused this paranoia as you describe it.

In the past we have had members join this forum under several different names for the sole purpose of causing upheaval. Why else would you want different aliases?

Can you give an example of this upheaval please as I only have your word for that?

Eventually they have been found out and removed from the forum.

Could you explain for what exactly.

In your case you have joined this forum, only to post on two threads where you can have a negative poke at Birmingham. Why have you not posted on any other thread? Do you not have any memories of Birmingham? You have only lived in Sheffield since you attained your position there, so surely you have memories of Birmingham?

Phil

I do have memories of Birmingham but I've posted on this thread in response to the OP's question as I happen to work in Higher Education and that's my main area of interest and knowledge at the moment.
I'm not a person that tends to dwell on memories although if you would like to know a bit more about my life in Brum feel free to PM me. I tend to concentrate on the 'here and now' and look to the future rather than the past. There'll be enough time for reminiscing when I retire.

denise

« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2009, 01:47:42 PM »
If you was for real you would be jumping up and down in righteous indignation at this point. ::)

Science

« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »
If you was for real you would be jumping up and down in righteous indignation at this point. ::)

You know me that well do you?
A bit of advice. Don't judge other people by how you'd respond yourself. If you do you find you'll come up short.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2009, 02:09:05 PM »
Science

No I am not playing this game any more. If this thread comes to an end then by your own statements we will be rid off you. I would rather this be so than it end in another debacle that only damages the forum.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2009, 02:13:29 PM »
scince re
              the new member who went under the name of sniper i understand that the member did not speak or understand English to well so i took the trouble to send him a welcome in his native portuguese now this post was not in any way a snipe at him now you would think that he would have sent a reply to my post if nothing else but to be courteous

sniper Olá, o meu nome é Roy. Se só fala português e quer fazer amigos em Birmingham, então mestá no lugar certo. Tenho a certeza que quando vier a Inglaterra, não vai ter dificuldade em começar a falar inglês. Desejo uma boa estada e que goste de Birmingham. Cumprimentos, uno repeto post roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

denise

« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2009, 02:15:12 PM »
You have cheered me up Science .You are so funny.Always trying to draw people in by asking another question.Enjoy yourself in your sad fantasy world.No one is fooled.

Science

« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2009, 02:20:54 PM »
scince re
              the new member who went under the name of sniper i understand that the member did not speak or understand English to well so i took the trouble to send him a welcome in his native portuguese now this post was not in any way a snipe at him now you would think that he would have sent a reply to my post if nothing else but to be courteous

sniper Olá, o meu nome é Roy. Se só fala português e quer fazer amigos em Birmingham, então mestá no lugar certo. Tenho a certeza que quando vier a Inglaterra, não vai ter dificuldade em começar a falar inglês. Desejo uma boa estada e que goste de Birmingham. Cumprimentos, uno repeto post roy

Maybe your attempt at Portugese scared him off completely Roy. ;D

berniew

« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2009, 02:43:17 PM »
I did send him a PM. It was the same message, and done at the same time, as the message I posted with a link for international students. Belt and braces you might say but as he hasn't posted for a while maybe he's been scared off by certain forummers which might just be Birmingham's loss.quote]Science were the belt and bracers to hold your waders up , but you have been fun

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2009, 03:14:20 PM »
science   you mean like his or who ever it was attempt to  post English
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

tramp

« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2009, 09:21:48 PM »
Science,

Just check the thread and you'll see how amazingly quickly his English improved, especially punctuation  -  he/she has yet to thank members for this free interchange..

tramp

« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2009, 01:22:42 AM »
It's a couple of weeks now and they've both apparently lost their English - yet it's unusual for either to be lost for words for so long....still nobody has said that they miss them.....

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy