Author Topic: sparkhill sparkbrook highgat  (Read 350070 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: sparkhill sparkbrook highgat
« Reply #814 on: January 23, 2015, 09:21:48 AM »
Hi Maisey

Welcome to you, there is a Beechfield Rd, still in Sparkbrook that runs from Ladypool Rd to Mole Street. Beechfield Gtove which was in Beechfield Rd has gone now as the area it took up was taken over by an extension of the School on Stratford Rd. There is however a Beechwood Avenue that remains.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

planetmalc

« Reply #815 on: January 23, 2015, 03:46:27 PM »
Came past the Stoney Lane / Stratford Road junction today and noticed that they're demolishing some of the shops between Stratford Road and Highgate Road. :-\
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #816 on: January 23, 2015, 04:05:59 PM »
Came past the Stoney Lane / Stratford Road junction today and noticed that they're demolishing some of the shops between Stratford Road and Highgate Road. :-\

Perhaps they are going to install the traffic island that they have been threatening for years?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

planetmalc

« Reply #817 on: January 23, 2015, 04:30:20 PM »
Perhaps they are going to install the traffic island that they have been threatening for years?

It doesn't look like that at the moment: there are two properties being demolished, leaving the shop nearest to Stratford Road still standing.    And nothing else is being demolished on the Highgate Road side of these two shops (though I suppose it's possible that they're ALL due for demolition when their leases run out). ???     

gravon42

« Reply #818 on: April 24, 2015, 03:27:11 PM »
I have not visited this site for some time. Been reading from page 1 today!. In reply to post 688 Crump,
who lived in Henley Street,  are you related to the fruit and veg shop that was next to Stubbs?
One life - live it!

planetmalc

« Reply #819 on: April 24, 2015, 05:01:07 PM »
I have not visited this site for some time.

No-one's perfect, Graham; just make sure you learn from your mistake. ;D

JohnACrump

« Reply #820 on: April 26, 2015, 07:13:15 PM »

are you related to the fruit and veg shop that was next to Stubbs?

Hello, Alfred Crump was my late father,lived at 80 Henley Street, and then moved round the corner to Grafton Road, to look after my ageing Gran.

Tinabeard

« Reply #821 on: May 06, 2015, 09:30:08 PM »
Hi does anyone remember my Dad Ernie Boulton.  He worked at Youngs Lifting Appliances Moseley Road Birmingham during the 70's and long after.  Would anyone have any photos of the works as would love to see a picture.  Thanks.

planetmalc

« Reply #822 on: May 19, 2015, 04:23:38 PM »

It doesn't look like that at the moment: there are two properties being demolished, leaving the shop nearest to Stratford Road still standing.    And nothing else is being demolished on the Highgate Road side of these two shops (though I suppose it's possible that they're ALL due for demolition when their leases run out). ???   

Only the property nearest to Stratford Road remains.     Everything else up to the former public toilets is now gone. :'( 

planetmalc

« Reply #823 on: May 19, 2015, 04:28:54 PM »
Came past Sparkhill Baths today and noticed that there was asphalting plant parked up along the front and north side of the building, so something's afoot.      No sign yet though of the tins of white exterior paint or, indeed, the big golden dome for the roof. :o

juno

« Reply #824 on: May 19, 2015, 04:40:35 PM »
The person looking for someone with the name Maisey my moms couson married a George Maisey in 1937 at Christ Church Farm Road Sparkbrook in 1937 not sure if this would be by Beechfield Grove

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy