Author Topic: sparkhill sparkbrook highgat  (Read 349199 times)

bookworm

Re: sparkhill sparkbrook highgat
« Reply #726 on: April 05, 2013, 07:52:12 PM »
Planetmalc. Good news and bad, Yes, my sister says she was in Ursula's  class but no..has no idea what happened to her. That's all she could say really, not one for a lot of words my sister! :)

bookworm

« Reply #727 on: April 05, 2013, 07:58:49 PM »
As we are on the topic of Sparkbrook and Mole street has been mentioned would anyone remember the Kinsella family of Mole Street from about 1958/63?

kavanagh00

« Reply #728 on: April 06, 2013, 08:51:13 AM »
Where in Mole Street did the Kinsellas live. Does anyone remember the chip shop in Beechfield Road, best chips in the world. I remember sitting the 11 plus in the Annexe as well, I failed miserably. I also was in Miss Smiths class, Does anyone remember these names from the school
Larry Barnes, Phillip Breeze, Jimmy Wallace, Raymond O'farrel, Christine Stocker Jean Whitehead, Linda Littleales, Jennifer Millward, Pauline Hands, Susan Webb

daverock

« Reply #729 on: April 06, 2013, 12:18:47 PM »
I remember the Breeze family & did Jimmy Wallace live just off Ladypool Rd. up the alley by the dry cleaners run by Jack ???
If Jimmy is the same one he was a right monkey I remember him tying a dustbin lid to a cats tail & putting a banger under the lid, it was funny at the time but on reflection now it was a horrendous thing to do.

cocacolakid

« Reply #730 on: April 06, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »
I remember the Breeze family & did Jimmy Wallace live just off Ladypool Rd. up the alley by the dry cleaners run by Jack ???
If Jimmy is the same one he was a right monkey I remember him tying a dustbin lid to a cats tail & putting a banger under the lid, it was funny at the time but on reflection now it was a horrendous thing to do.
When I was at Dennis Rd school in the 50s, there was a lad in my class by the name of John Wallace, I wonder if he was from the same family ?   I don't know exactly where he lived, but it would have been local to Dennis Rd, so the area you mention, would fit perfectly.
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

bookworm

« Reply #731 on: April 06, 2013, 01:55:20 PM »
KavanaghOO. I remember all but Larry, Philip, Jimmy, Raymond and Christine.
One, Jean Whitehead lived in the next yard to me and Linda Littlehales was a nice friend of mine. Jennifer, Pauline and Susan Webb were also all old friends. I use to call for Linda for school. I don't know exactly where the Kinsella's lived off hand, but like the other names you mentioned it may come back to me later. I do know they imigrated to Australia and all my family were upset to see them go, especially David. He was such a lovely boy.
The chipper was Marstons and yes..her chips were great. I lived just over the road from them.

planetmalc

« Reply #732 on: April 06, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »
Planetmalc. Good news and bad, Yes, my sister says she was in Ursula's  class but no..has no idea what happened to her. That's all she could say really, not one for a lot of words my sister! :)

Thanks for that, Bookworm; hope you're keeping well.    I was just curious as to what Ursula might have been like when she was grown up 'cos she was as tall as the fully-grown me when she was only 14! :o      At only 5' 4", I could have done with a copy of her diet-sheet! ;D
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

bookworm

« Reply #733 on: April 06, 2013, 05:11:24 PM »
Hello Planetmalc. I'm feeling much better now thanks for asking. x Well,you're not the only one who wonders what people from our youth are like now, don't think anyone would recognise me at least! I still have contact with a few from my early years and somehow they have never seemed to change at all. The mind boggles :P Sparkbrook children seem to have vanished from this planet.
At Stratford Road School my first 'sweetheart ' as my mum called him..was a boy named Albert. I remember holding hands with him at playtimes but he moved to another house. I cried for ages. I always wondered how he got on. Maybe one day all the old Sparkbrook kids will have a reunion?

cocacolakid

« Reply #734 on: April 06, 2013, 07:48:41 PM »
Hello Planetmalc. I'm feeling much better now thanks for asking. x Well,you're not the only one who wonders what people from our youth are like now, don't think anyone would recognise me at least! I still have contact with a few from my early years and somehow they have never seemed to change at all. The mind boggles :P Sparkbrook children seem to have vanished from this planet.
At Stratford Road School my first 'sweetheart ' as my mum called him..was a boy named Albert. I remember holding hands with him at playtimes but he moved to another house. I cried for ages. I always wondered how he got on. Maybe one day all the old Sparkbrook kids will have a reunion?
bookworm..
I don't know if it's of interest to you, but I put a thread on the forum, a short while ago. "Do you wonder what your teenage boy/girl friend looks like now" If you wish to view the results, type in malc in the search box , top right of the pages, scroll down a short way and you will find it, just click on it to see.

Malc.

Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

bookworm

« Reply #735 on: April 06, 2013, 08:28:41 PM »
Thank you for that Cocacolakid. I did find it and It certainly made for interesting reading.

kavanagh00

« Reply #736 on: April 07, 2013, 09:48:15 AM »
Bookworm, Jean lived off Ladypool Road and her brother became a clippie on the buses, Linda lived off Stratford Road and her mom was my moms friend. Susan died about 7 years ago as did her brother Edward a few years earlier. Raymond died three years ago, we played together in Mole Street and remained best pals til his unfortunate demise. I was with him when he passed away. I also met up with John Burke at Ray's funeral, John lived in Gladstone Road and went to our school.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy