Author Topic: Aston, Newtown & Witton.  (Read 51427 times)

Jays

Re: Aston, Newtown & Witton.
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2017, 03:57:10 PM »
Jays

Perhaps it was just a transcription error by Kelly's if the entry was done verbally and written down by the directory's agent.

Tiommi does sound like Tomey.

Canterbury

« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2018, 03:11:38 PM »
Hi first time I’ve seen this garage in new town row for years, I worked there in the 50 s. The guy in the garage is Norman lock the owner.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2018, 03:58:37 PM »
Hi Caterbury

Welcome to you, I assume you are talking about the garage that was next to the British Lion Pub. Not that I ever used either of them.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Kirstyfloyd

« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2022, 04:49:51 PM »
hi in new to the site I went to cowper st school from 19in mid 50s then to summer lane comp in 60s I lived in cowper st till they demolished street can anyone remember the fire and explosion in cowper stret in old coal yard

My nan was in this explosion pauline floyd she went to cowper street school mid 50s till around 61 she however although hurt (she had burnt her leg a Mrs jones helped her and covered it in petroleum jelly) She went home and her father took her to the hospital she has always said the nurse said that whoever covered her leg had quite literally saved it she has always been thankful she was 11 at the time.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy