Author Topic: Aston, Newtown & Witton.  (Read 51430 times)

gibson

Re: Aston, Newtown & Witton.
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 03:43:55 PM »
Phil,  what great photo's of the Aston Cross Clock, The 1973 photo, showing a lady in a light coloured jacket, standing right next to the entrance to the underground public toilets, you can see the iron railings around the entrance,  as kids we were scared to go down, and use the toilets, for fear of the unknown.   :-\

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 07:56:04 PM »
Gibson

Well how old were you before you found out what toilets were for. Its a wonder you didn't burst.

Here the same place a few years earlier, not much of a difference except for  in public transport.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

gibson

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 12:55:45 PM »
Phil,  We knew from an early age what toilets were for, but having to go underground at Aston Cross, We were afraid of the "bogey man"    :o   

stretchy

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 01:04:19 PM »
hi phil great photos i know its highly unlikely but has anyone out there got a photo of barton st off potters lane tried the library nearest they got was potters hill be amazed if we find one it will be very rare STRETCHY

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 01:42:21 PM »
Hi Stretchy

You should look in us more often, its been a while. I'm sorry I still can't help out with a photo of Barton St. I still have your request in my photos to find book from May last year. Keep looking in I'm adding photos to my collection all the time you never know.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 01:44:51 PM »
Phil,  We knew from an early age what toilets were for, but having to go underground at Aston Cross, We were afraid of the "bogey man"    :o   

Only pulling you leg Gibson, and didn't mommy tell you there was no such thing as the "bogey man" There again mommy's lie sometimes.

Phil ;)
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

chas35

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
Stretchy did you live in Barton Street? was there a short cut into Burlington st. from there.

stretchy

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2009, 12:54:53 PM »
Hi chas 35 yes there was a passage trough to burlington st it was known as the gully i used live at number 212 barton st facing a factory called juggins i think they used to dip things in great big vats of chemicals wouldnt be allowed today but i been looking for photos of barton st for many years but to no evail but with sites like this you never know thought i was the only one to remenber barton st   STRETCHY

chas35

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 02:14:54 PM »
Stretchy I remember on occasions going through the gully to school, I had a friend who lived in Barton St, her name was Jean Ryan she would be my age 65 ish

Cookie55

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2009, 11:36:32 AM »
Hiya Phil. Here's a picture of Milton street, (hopefully) with another wrong date on it. this is the site of the old Newtown Shopping Centre. Hope this works, here goes.!!

Cookie55

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2009, 12:22:22 PM »
I'm trying to get a 1953, picture on of the same street, but it's not working yet, I shall persevere.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy