Author Topic: johnstone family  (Read 1957 times)

pinkdolphin360

johnstone family
« on: December 03, 2006, 06:09:40 PM »
Hi

i am trying to trace any family members of jimmy (james) johnstone whose last known address was south yardley.  He is/was married to marion and has 4 children called heather, ian, robert and gordon.  i would be very grateful if the birmingham forum could help me please in any way.  my email address is [email protected]

john2000

Re: johnstone family
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 07:44:19 PM »
Hi"MickyB & Pinky360. in your search for your family, you will find a lot of dead ends en route, some times the people who wrote down the names of the family at the time of the census would round off the age, like some one aged 13 would be put down as 15 years, so no matter how careful you are with the birth dates it will throw you off a little but just remember that and you will see a little more through the mist of time,
There are a lot of good people out there who will find time to help you,but you must give them time and trust me, they will come thro for you.. ;D
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Jacqueline

Re: johnstone family
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 10:37:30 PM »
John the people these guys are after are still alive or died in the 1900's so they will not be able to consult the census for those years until they are 100 years old [census not the seeker]. ;D

One useful tool for finding folks is the uk info discs which list electoral rolls and telephone directories. Trouble is these discs are VERY expensive. I did have the 2002 set which may have thrown some light on more unusual names. I say did because i put them somewhere safe two years ago and have not found them since. :o

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy