Author Topic: Old Pictures of Brum  (Read 3592 times)

pickard.r

Old Pictures of Brum
« on: September 19, 2009, 10:05:50 AM »
Don,t know if this has been featured before, but I found these on You Tube this morning completely by  accident :D
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYRtxazLQVM

I had originally been looking for Pics of Key Hill & Warstone Lane Cemetaries having attended the open day last Saturday & found this
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypuz5fTDkXs

Hope you like them

Bobby
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Old Pictures of Brum
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »
Bobby

Thanks for that, I had seen them both before but I am sure there are many on here who have not. The old photos of Birmingham I'm sure you will find many of them posted throughout this site. I know this because I have posted many of them.

Here are a few of the Cemeteries at Hockley.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 12:02:16 PM »
Bobby

Here are a couple more

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

pickard.r

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 08:03:16 AM »
Phil

Cheers for the cemetery pics, I don,t know what it is but I have become fascinated by the catacombs in both cemeteries & plan to return soon and have another look.
To think I used to drive through that area in the 70,s and didn,t even know they existed :-[

Bobby

You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

Peg Monkey

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 09:42:21 PM »
Picky, just come across your small but perfectly formed  topic - Key Hill Cemetery: final resting place of my Gran and Granddad and maybe others still to be found.
Fantastic Bus Stop Avatar! Takes me back to my commuting days to Harry Lucas School in Hockley, I lived in Erdington: 64 to Aston Cross then the Inner Circle 8 to Farm St, Hockley.
I visited the Key Hill Cemetery Catacombs alone one day looking for photo subjects when I was a professional photographer, I pride myself in being well-grounded but the experienced totally flipped me out.
Regards,
Peg 
It's far better to look back on a rejection rather than a lost opportunity.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy