Author Topic: Can Anyone Help Me With My Next Project?  (Read 13958 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Can Anyone Help Me With My Next Project?
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 07:50:42 PM »
Chas

Thanks, I remember it now, it's OK but I thought I had another photo of one of the Homes at Malvern, It was an annex to one of the main buildings but it was totally separate to the main building. I can't seem to find it.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

earlessuk

martinea house bognor regis
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 02:16:21 AM »
hi everyone...
I used to stay at a place called martinea house in bognor regis..went with wilson stuart school for handicapped children..used to go there for 10 days..i went in 1972  and again in 1975....
had an awesome time there...we used to stay with Mr and Mrs Tice....they used to look after us...we still had school lessons in the school room every day..
we visited places ..we went to selsy life boats...we went to the isle of wight where we visited osbourne house... went to portsmouth  went on the victory  nelsons flag ship....i believe martinea house has been demolished now..such a shame  was wonderful place and leaves me with wonderful memories...

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 09:52:35 PM »
Hi earlessuk

Welcome to the forum, I assume that you lived in Birmingham as I don't recognise the name Wilson Stuart School. Was it in Birmingham and do you live in Birmingham now?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

earlessuk

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 01:43:53 AM »
yes i lived in birmingham all my life..the school wilson stuart was in perry common in birmingham...a special school bus used to pick me up and take me home every day..always had a driver and a bus guide...

stickman

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 10:23:38 AM »
Hi earlessuk

I also attended Wilson Stuart School in Perry Common, Birmingham between 1986 - 1988.  I was transferred there from Victoria School, Northfield as Victoria was changed into a school for the autistic. 

Martineau House was demolished around 1990, I think.  I've written a story about when I used to visit.  Maybe you would like to read it?

You didn't, by any chance go to Uffculme School as well, did you?

earlessuk

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 01:26:03 AM »
hi ..no only went to 2 schools all my life  started at braidwood for the deaf..but that didnt work out so was transfered to wilson stuart..i was there from 1965/66 left in 1976...

stickman

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 08:30:12 AM »
Wasn't Braidwood on the same campus as Victoria?  Ah no, on the Victoria campus was Longwill, George Auden and Victoria.  Braidwood was on the campus with Wilson Stuart and Priestly Smith.

Ted-Bull

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 06:39:36 PM »
Braidwood, Priestly Smith and Wilson Stuart were on the same campus. Martineau House was in Bognor Regis. As a pupil of Wilson Stuart, I visited Martineau House twice in the 1970 ish. Thank you for reminding me the name of the caretakers was Mr & Mrs Tice. It was a good time with many happy memories. We did get up to all sorts of tricks.  I would be interested in knowing who were the two male cadets who looked after us and helped us in some of our pranks.

Nikinakinoonoo

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 09:55:25 PM »
Hi, I worked at martineau house at the time you visited and am still in touch with the people who ran it!
Would love to know who you are and which school you came down with to see if I can remember.
Must go in the loft and see if I can find my old scrap books with photos!

stickman

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 08:08:48 AM »
Hi Niknakinoonoo  :)

Really interested to find out who are as I may remember you.  I seem to recall that the owners, at the time that I visited, were called Mr and Mrs Steed.  They had two daughters, Nikki and Emma.  I think one of the Cadets at the house was called Richard?

Like I say, I'd really be interested to know who you are.

Nikinakinoonoo

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 08:35:41 AM »
Hi yeah,
Was Carole and Alan steed, am still in touch with them, and friendly with Nikki, you're right there was a Richard there, don't think he was a cadet, a house master or something?
I was about 13/14 and came a couple of afternoons after school to help out, spoke to nikki last night she's gonna get her mum and dad to dig out photos.
I'm also called nikki.
So..... Who are you?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy