Author Topic: brum prefabs  (Read 74332 times)

Jimfred

Re: brum prefabs
« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2020, 06:45:00 PM »
Yep that's the one ! Greet (?) Born in the back yard 1948.....

pollysdonkey

« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2020, 09:31:58 AM »
I too lived in the prefabs in Brockley Grove, Moseley, 1950/1959. So many happy memories, does anyone remember the rope swing up the woods, or the allotment. I remember Susan Brough. The heath family. so many wonderful memories, playing marbles in the road. Please get in touch if you were there.

TGchris

« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2021, 11:52:40 AM »
There were a couple of posts about Murrayfield Av (2012 & 2018!). My uncle & aunt were at No 41 - if anyone is interested in more info on Murrayfield, let me know!

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2021, 12:25:54 PM »
hi tg chris welcome to the forum  all info is useful on the forum and photos  roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2021, 12:28:57 PM »
There were lots of prefabs by the No14 bus terminus at Tile Cross.

Myy aunt and uncle lived there in the early 50s for years
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Gwladmab

« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2021, 01:25:33 PM »
Yep that's the one ! Greet (?) Born in the back yard 1948.....
My Nan and Grandad lived in th3 prefabs in Greet. They were in the last prefab on the Warwick Rd, next to the entrance to Burberry brick and then the River Cole. Serc Radiator factory was the other side of the Cole. My last visit to nan in the prefab was in about 1964 just before she died.

Scipio

« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2021, 09:48:24 PM »
My Nan and Grandad lived in th3 prefabs in Greet. They were in the last prefab on the Warwick Rd, next to the entrance to Burberry brick and then the River Cole. Serc Radiator factory was the other side of the Cole. My last visit to nan in the prefab was in about 1964 just before she died.

I wonder are there many of these still standing , if so I would imagine they are going to be difficult to buy /sell. Namely because of nonstandard construction .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Gwladmab

« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2021, 07:27:57 PM »
Scipio, when I think back as a kid, there were loads of prefabs, they were demolished as the years went by. The folks who lived in them were so proud of the prefab.

Nans bedroom had a unique smell of mothballs and apples, the apples were kept in the bottom draw wrapped in paper, lasted her through the window. I think the last prefab I visited was in the late 60’s I’m sure the area of Brum was called Lindsworth (?sp) not far from Monyhull Hospital.

Scipio

« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2021, 07:36:41 PM »
When my wife was in B,ham Maternity Hospital , after getting off the bus making my way to see her there was a few prefabs around there . This was in the 70's when it was up by the QE
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

JazzBomb

« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2024, 10:48:44 AM »
There were a couple of posts about Murrayfield Av (2012 & 2018!). My uncle & aunt were at No 41 - if anyone is interested in more info on Murrayfield, let me know!

Hi TGchris. My Dad, his brother and their parents lived at Number 31 Murrayfield Ave. Fred, Olive, Malcolm and Robert Smith.
I'd love to know your relatives surname, my Dad would be chuffed!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy