Author Topic: loveday street maternity hospital  (Read 99722 times)

tramp

Re: loveday street maternity hospital
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 05:59:46 PM »
Roy,

How terrible to read that your Mom got slapped for bringing something as wonderful as ''likkle Roysie boysie'' into this world - are you sure that she wasn't ''clapped'' rather than the other? ;D..... O0

deebee

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2008, 08:47:36 PM »
 Hi Tramp,sorry i'm behind  answering your question,
 I now live in Tamworth O0

tramp

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 08:59:05 PM »
Deebee,

Thank you.  I haven't been to Tamworth for well over 50 years; what is it like now?  What sustains its economy, and how much has it grown over the years? As a congenial place to live, in the time you've been there, has it improved or otherwise?  The only spot I can remember is the Midland Red Bus station and garage.

deebee

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 09:08:47 PM »
 Hi Tramp,
It's not a bad place generally,but  most of the big names inshops are now out side the town,in the town centre it is mostly pubs,restaurants,card shops,charity shops, it has not really changed over the last few years The Bus Garage is still there,but no bus station,thebus stops are spread all around,they did try moving them altogether which we all said would not work,so finally gone back to plan 1 As a place to live it is great

tramp

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 09:27:58 PM »
deebee,

It's good to to hear that it's a very good place to live - I honestly don't know why, I've always has a ''soft spot'' for Tamworth.    Am glad to hear that you like where you live - I'm certain that those who are content where they are, are in the minority in the West, as for the rest of the world the vast majority of folk do not want to be doing what they're doing, or be where they are.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2008, 09:32:24 PM »
hi deebee  i remember tamworth being a newtown and over spill from brum when i went there about 30 years ago to pick a lad up that had not come back to us we got lost no one seemed to know there way around but it looked a nice place we had to find this police station but we found it and i remember the river thats about as much that i can remember
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

AnnRNR

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 09:00:59 PM »
Hello Everyone
I was born in Loveday Street plus my two younger sisters  64- 67.  Dont know when it was demolished.  When I still lived in Brum it was an ambulalance station.  Have not lived in the area for 26 years

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 09:10:19 PM »
hi Ann let me first welcome you to b/forum you will find a worm welcome from all the members so have fun Roy

loveday street you are a true brum kid just like me  I'm not sure when they pulled it down or if they pulled it down   what iv been told about loveday street hospital is if you was born there it meant you mom had probs giving normal births how true that is i do not know but my birth was not normal but there again nore am i
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

john2000

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 09:29:52 PM »
You are all commoners, born in Loveday St Hospital.. you should have told them you wanted to be born at the Serento Hospital in Mosley village  like me, mind you they pulled that down too, and built an old peoples home there, so really its they made a building to bring you in, and now they have a building that brings you out,

J2.... :D
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

AnnRNR

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 09:54:33 PM »
Hi Mom
Had 3 boys before her first girl me.!! She had her first boy in 1957 in hospital then her last two at home.  I was born a month eariler but I think he wanted a break !!!

ann

tramp

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 12:49:13 AM »
AnnRNR,

Welcome to the forum.  It's good to see that you are already getting stuck in and enjoying it.......relax and say what you think about what tou like, we're not an uptight lot - far from it.

tramp

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy