Author Topic: loveday street maternity hospital  (Read 99740 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: loveday street maternity hospital
« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2017, 08:08:54 PM »

hi jb  I guess I was pretty special too. all loveday street baby are special O0 O0 O0 O0

welcome to the forum enjoy 
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terry C

« Reply #177 on: June 02, 2017, 03:09:51 AM »
It was nice to see posts, with photos, about Loveday Street Maternity Hospital. According to my birth certificate I was born at 28, Loveday Street, Birmingham on 28th February 1943 and I have always wanted to go and look at the place where I was born. I live in Manchester now but am determined to make this 'pilgrimage'. My parents at that time lived at Dawberry Fields Farm, which was long ago built on, but I think it was in B14; I remember as a child of about 4 years old that there was a railway embankment at the end of the fields which is presumably still there and so I might be able to find this and include it in my 'pilgrimage'. I guess that at the age of 74, while I am still fit and well, that I feel the need to find my roots...  :)

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #178 on: June 02, 2017, 06:38:17 AM »

hi Terry C
                     welcome to the forum there are lots of loveday  street member on this forum bourn in the hart of brum O0
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terry C

« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2017, 09:01:41 PM »
Thank you, Roy.

astoness

« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2017, 05:02:15 PM »
hi terry good luck with your visit to birmingham...as you most likely know loveday st maternity hospital is no longer there but should you find yourself in the area there is a smashing pub you can go in to have a rest O0  its called the bull on the corner of loveday st and price st...quaint little pub dating back to the 1700s...smashing home made food and a warm welcome from rose the landlady..she also does bed and breakfast O0 .

all the best

lyn

Terry C

« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2017, 05:22:50 PM »
Hi Lyn,

Thanks for that! I will definitely go and have a pint in the Bull – I might even stay, if I happen to have a second pint!  :) 

Terry.

cal

« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2017, 04:59:29 PM »
Hi, I've posted this before but can't find that post now so hopefully this might be helpful for any pilgrimages!! -  Having walked up and down and struggled to make sense of things from old photos, I overlaid St,Chad's Queensway on the older map before I went again.

Correction: Other way around, old map over the new...

Cal
(Joined the Loveday Street Gang; June '59)

astoness

« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2017, 09:07:58 PM »
hi cal struggle no more...ive had hours of fun with this handy map site travelled all over birmingham :) ....overlays appear like magic...just move the blue dot back and forth and the map will fade to a then and now...link below and ive left it on the area you are interested in..

lyn

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=17&lat=52.4858&lon=-1.8962&layers=6&b=1

cal

« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2017, 12:36:14 PM »
hi cal struggle no more...ive had hours of fun with this handy map site travelled all over birmingham :) ....overlays appear like magic...just move the blue dot back and forth and the map will fade to a then and now...link below and ive left it on the area you are interested in..

lyn

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=17&lat=52.4858&lon=-1.8962&layers=6&b=1

WOW!! Thanks Lyn  O0   (Pleased to say I wasn't too far off!) That's impressive.
I've just been having another look and gathering bits from across posts on more than one forum, including some interesting aerial photos. I might try sometime to bring all the Loveday Maternity images, links and info together on a web site.

Cheers,
Cal

Ileanejones

« Reply #185 on: July 20, 2017, 07:28:56 PM »
Hi I was a loveday street baby born 1959 as mum had tried to commit suicide didn't know it was just for special deliveries.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #186 on: July 20, 2017, 08:06:36 PM »
Hi Ileanejones,

Welcome to the forum, I hope your mother recovered fully and is well today. This obviously was the reason you were delivered at Loveday Street. Myself I've always enjoyed the notoriety of being an "awkward baby" and always tried to be awkward all my life.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy