Author Topic: loveday street maternity hospital  (Read 100098 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: loveday street maternity hospital
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2018, 08:06:57 PM »
Hilly

The best way to keep updated on posts to any thread is to look in on the forum from time to time. If you are able you can also go to your profile and on the modify profile section you can adjust your notifications so that you will receive an email that will tell you when a new post is made to any thread that you have posted to.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Tommyb

« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2019, 10:22:14 PM »
Was I born in loveday St as it has colmore on my birth certificate I was born in 1961 ?

astoness

« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2019, 04:38:59 AM »
hi tommy i have a rellies birth cert here and where born it does say loveday st maternity hospital...does it not give a full birth address on your birth cert ??

lyn

Tommyb

« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2019, 07:21:34 AM »
Hi Lyn it just reads colemore district. My mother lived in Highgate at that time 1961 ..thank you lyn

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2019, 08:03:18 AM »
hi tommy i have a rellies birth cert here and where born it does say loveday st maternity hospital...does it not give a full birth address on your birth cert ??

lyn

hi lyn      I was bourn in love day street in the 1`940s and it says on my bit of paper   love day street in the district of Colmore

O0 
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2019, 09:57:48 AM »
Lyn

I was also born at Loveday Street and I have never seen my full birth certificate only the small copy that you used to be able to get that only gave the date of birth name and location. My place of birth was given as Colmore, I have no doubt that it would have given the full address on the full version. Perhaps Tommy has the same as myself.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

astoness

« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2019, 06:13:03 PM »
yes quite right phil...the birth cert i have is the long one

lyn

Tommyb

« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2019, 01:43:40 PM »
Yes Phil mine was the short certificate

pubcollector

« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2019, 05:34:24 PM »
The hand-written - by T. G. Wigley (the Registrar) -  part of my Birth Certificate says: Seventeenth
                                                                                                                             March
                                                                                                                             1940
                                                                                                                             28 Loveday
                                                                                                                             Street
                                                                                                                                      U. D.                                                                                       
The penny stamp in the bottom right-hand corner was oversigned as "paid."

lizpalmer

« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2019, 06:51:30 PM »
Only the best Brummies were born in Loveday St hospital especialy the 1947 vintage like me. O0  They tell me it was a good year for wine as well! Also one of the coldest with heavy falls of snow.
Thought I would share this special photo of the exact room where I was born as I am sure many of you were born on that same table too.
Joy
Hi Brummiejoy - I realise its been a while since you posted this photo but I am wondering if you have more details of where its from - and particularly what date it was taken?
I'm co-ordinating a project 'Born in Birmingham 1914-1924' on behalf of the Friends of Birmingham Archives & Heritage (FoBAH) and have been trying to locate some images of the Loveday Street Maternity Hospital. I'm guessing this one was taken in the 1940s? which is a bit later than the period we're really interested in but I'd still like to use it if I can in one of our blog articles. Can you let me know, if you can, where it's sourced from?
More information about our project can be seen here: borninbirmingham.home.blog and if anyone is around this Saturday (21st September) they would be most welcome to come and view a small pop-up exhibition to launch the project at the Library of Birmingham (Wolfson Centre on Level 4).
Cheers!
Liz

HB

« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2019, 09:00:06 AM »
Hello all I was a Loveday Street baby born in July 1965. I was very overdue so I now understand why I was there. My mum always told me that I was the first baby the Trainee Dr delivered. So glad to have found this group.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy