Author Topic: don!t call it xmas it might up set some one  (Read 2492 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
don!t call it xmas it might up set some one
« on: December 09, 2006, 10:28:58 AM »
some one in the town hall is off there head  you must not use the word xmas some one might get upset about it  well i ask how long will it be befor some one says you must not have xmas and you must not have xmas trees or lights and father xmas well hes a no no
and the thing that will upset most of all is putting up a flag  well i say up yours  mate  birmingham men  give up there lives so i could say what i got to say and have xmas and wave a flag  when in rome do as the romans do and if your not happy with that you know where the door is
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Graham

Re: don!t call it xmas it might up set some one
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 10:59:19 AM »
'nuf said!

john2000

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 11:16:02 AM »
Well said mate, Christmas is Christen, and so is England, and as for flying the flag, I do when ever I can, so if it up sets some people "so what" I'm an English  and a Christen, and proud of it.
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 11:25:01 AM »
hi ya   well being me and the way i was brung up lololo a spad is a spad if it upsets tuff  my friends will say if roys got somthing to say he will say it lump it or like it and if its true it hurts and if im not sure ill keep my gob shut   have a goodun arekid

Jacqueline

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 11:57:56 AM »
I presume you are still in Brum Roy. At last i am not the only one on this site still in the city. ;D

john2000

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 02:38:37 PM »
Jacqueline,   We never left the world we knew, but it changed, but never  in our hearts, and minds, in our minds eye we still walk the streets that are no longer there, and remember the friends we used to know, and still see their faces through the mists of time, and wonder, what ever happend to some of them over the years, and are they living their dreams.?, some of are, some almost made it, but we all had that fire to better ourselves, be it overseas, or in some nice house they worked hard for all their lives,......................... John 2000     ;)

spyro2000

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 04:13:27 PM »
See this is why people stir racial hatred. Every year there is some story or another about the word xmas being banned, or the christmas holidays being renamed the winter festival or whatever. See the thing is that no one actually gives a stuff about the names used, no one complains, its the nanny state and the daft councils who seem to think that they will be pleasing other religions by doing this kind of thing.

Not long ago there was rumours that the wording was going to be changed so that 'muslims would not be offended', yet if you ask any muslim Im sure they would say they couldnt give a monkeys if people used the word xmas. The councils who are 'trying' to help are in fact  making things worse fo the other religions, as when these kind of things happen they automatically assume its the other religions who are trying to get xmas taken off everybody.

Ignore it, its a load of crap, nobody wants to take away xmas. We can all live together and bve happy.

Merry Christamas
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1

john2000

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 04:26:07 PM »
Well said, and have a nice Christmas,.....John 2000

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 05:32:22 PM »
spyro2000 hi ya mate   you got it in one that is the point i was making  its not you or me we do not give a toss its them in the town halls they have got so much time on there hands thinking of ways to keep there job and get a name for them selfs and no one will say anything about it  because they are like sheep its about keeping there over paid job doing sod all but seeing to be doing something

Jacqueline

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 06:28:15 PM »
The PC brigade have in the past got a few things right, yet not many. But even when they get it right some people are so thick it just does not sink home.
What i am refering to is the changing of the awful names given to the disabled. No longer is it correct to use the words spastic, mongole and dumb [as in deaf and dumb].
However the latter seems to still be spoken quite often. I have noticed this due to my eldest daughter being deaf. She is certainly not dumb in any way either mentaly or verbaly even if many people find it hard to understand her.
The most annoying example was a neighbour of ours who insisted in calling her deaf and dumb in almost every conversation. This was astonishing as he had two VERY severly mentaly hadicapped children. For two years i put up with it pointing out to him that the word dumb was not acceptable.
The final straw came when he tried to matchmake my daughter to a deaf man some twenty years older than her. I saw red. My daughter is gorgeous and did not want an old man by her standards. The neighbour took great delight in saying but they are both deaf and dumb and who else could she get. :o
I replied, no sorry i screamed "well who could you find for your two mongoles" Would you believe he was most offended by my comments. Bloody thick idiot.

Graham

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 08:47:47 PM »
Well said mate, Christmas is Christen, and so is England, and as for flying the flag, I do when ever I can, so if it up sets some people "so what" I'm an English  and a Christen, and proud of it.

I don't know if you are aware of it or not, but you are touching on a really heavy subject here. "XMAS, TO BE OR NOT TO BE", (my apologies to William S)

I have deleted everything that I have typed on this subject, as it may offend certain people. (What a world when we can't speak our minds, downright depressing). I am a believer of what I have seen and experienced. One day, when I feel brave enough I will tell all.

Just to get back to the thread though, those people in power at the town-hall or where ever. If only 30% of the people in Brum are real Brummies, then what % of the town councilors are Christians? They may also be in the minority!

All I have to say about Xmas in England is that it is a cozy time and will be no matter what people want to call it. Here in Belgium (& Holland ETC) we have Saint Nicholas on the 6th of December, for the kids, Christmas day has only just started to become popular here, same with Valentines day.

Merry Yule Time to everyone!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy