Author Topic: don!t call it xmas it might up set some one  (Read 2491 times)

john2000

Re: don!t call it xmas it might up set some one
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 09:09:50 PM »
Jacqueline, you're forgeting one important thing about your deaf daughter, is what you loose on the wings you gain on the roundabout, she has a skill that others don't have, and I bet she is good at it, and because she has this setback in her life, and I would give you 10 to1 that she has a very nimble brain and is fast at understanding things that a person with normal hearing would have problems with.
I once went out with a deaf and "dumb"girl, she had charm, and understanding, ok there where things we couldn't do together, but I didn't mind, and could she dance me off my feet. she had never been to the cinema, only to the small cinema that showed cartoons for an hour,so I took her to the cinema on the Bristol Rd, ( next to Kent St) the films where French and it had English subtitles, we went almost every week .
One week end I had to work away, and didn't have time to see her so I left a message where I was and what I was doing, but some how, she didn't get it, so she came down to the house where I was living with my Uncle and aunt, who couldn't understand what she was trying to say, I wont go into what was said, but I know it must have hurt her very deeply.  again its the fear of the unknown, she was different ( she wasn't the same as them) anyway to cut a long story short, when I got back from working out of town, I went up to see her, her parents were short and to the point, they didn't want their daughter to have anything to do with a guy like me and my family, well I went back to my "family"and drew blood, and I moved out, and I never saw her again, even tho I went to where I knew she would be, so its the unknown that people fear........John 2000
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

john2000

Re: don!t call it xmas it might up set some one
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 09:19:38 PM »
Graham, Just like the Belge, to be one day late, here in Holland we have our Saint Nicholas on the 5th, and in our village, you cant move because of  kids every were looking for sweets that have been thown to them by the helpers of old nic, hope your G/children leave a carrot for americo ( that the name of the white horse nic rides )......... ;D
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy