Author Topic: Looking for old friends or family?  (Read 192939 times)

Sidecarsid

Re: Looking for old friends or family?
« Reply #836 on: September 21, 2019, 09:12:00 AM »
Hello Havelock, Linda.
The mention of the Botanical Gardens certainly brought some happy memories come flooding back, during the school holidays
our mum used to take us on a short walk, my older brother and I would be taken for a short walk during the Saturday afternoons. Our dad would often be doing overtime and as a toolmaker, so was always in demand. So our Saturday afternoons were spent at the Bot Gards, as my bro and I called it.
We used to love going there as it was for two young kids "the Jungle" going around the hot houses and getting quite sodden from walking around the hot houses. Every time we where there it
was often a new adventure.
We are now both in our 70s He is in Australia while I'm in France, we still phone each other once a month and quite often The Bot Gardens often pops into the conversation. Happy Days.

Good Luck with your search. [/size]

Scipio

« Reply #837 on: September 21, 2019, 09:23:23 PM »
Hello Havelock, Linda.
The mention of the Botanical Gardens certainly brought some happy memories come flooding back, during the school holidays
our mum used to take us on a short walk, my older brother and I would be taken for a short walk during the Saturday afternoons. Our dad would often be doing overtime and as a toolmaker, so was always in demand. So our Saturday afternoons were spent at the Bot Gards, as my bro and I called it.
We used to love going there as it was for two young kids "the Jungle" going around the hot houses and getting quite sodden from walking around the hot houses. Every time we where there it
was often a new adventure.
We are now both in our 70s He is in Australia while I'm in France, we still phone each other once a month and quite often The Bot Gardens often pops into the conversation. Happy Days.

Good Luck with your search. [/size]

Sid I know what you mean me and a couple of mates while at school , we used to go there . In one of the hot houses it had a rather wide pool, the decorative wall surrounding the pool was about two feet high . We all had plastic divers about four inches long which created great amusement , one minute it was "Sea Hunt" of the telly the next they were army divers. I think if I'd got a couple of those divers now I'd be at Bot Gards tomorrow
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Sidecarsid

« Reply #838 on: September 22, 2019, 06:27:06 AM »
Hi Scipio.
I'm going to show my age again as the TV was only in it's infancy and no-one of Joe pubic could never afford one in those days, our aunt and uncle was the only couple in the whole of Bellbarn Road Edgbaston had one and that was in the mid 50s.