Author Topic: Looking for old friends or family?  (Read 148231 times)

Paul Locking

Re Longstreet Sparkbrook Birmingham
« Reply #748 on: October 30, 2017, 10:05:23 PM »
Hi my name is Paul Locking and I was born in Birmingham in 1961. I lived at 39 Longstreet, Sparkbrook 11. My mother apparently left when I was born so I have never met my mother or my father. She was married to a William Locking and I was left with him but he was not my biological father. He died when I was 17years old. Does anyone know my mother who is Edith Rose Locking (previously Holland)? If so I would be greatful for any help in trying to find my biological parents. Thankyou

bookworm

Re: Looking for old friends or family?
« Reply #749 on: November 04, 2017, 06:49:24 PM »
I am trying to find a long lost cousin by the name of Janet Homer (maiden) who hailed from Porchester Street. She was last heard of living in or near Newtown Row. Any help or advice would be gratefully received. More information is available regarding her family but I will err on the side of caution at the moment. Thank you all for reading this post.

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #750 on: November 04, 2017, 07:33:22 PM »
Hi Bookworm

I think Lyn (Astoness) has history on Porchester Street, I know  she has mentioned previously to me perhaps you might ask her if she knew the lady you are asking after.
Make Love Not War

bookworm

« Reply #751 on: November 04, 2017, 07:46:24 PM »
Thank you so very much Phil. I will indeed contact Astoness. Keeping my fingers crossed. x

Snooks

« Reply #752 on: November 06, 2017, 10:58:07 AM »
Hi there. I am researching my family. The name is Woodcock. My family came from Aston, Birmingham, England in 1907 but I am looking for those that stayed behind. My grandfather George Henry Woodcock was born to Edward Woodcock & Eliza Storer. Anyone with connections to these families are welcome to email me or post here. Also, I was told that I have half brothers and sisters in England, born during WW2. "

Onwards and upwards!

Snooks

« Reply #753 on: November 06, 2017, 11:04:33 AM »
Regards quote from Gotcha above:

Just started perusing this thread and I don't know if Gotcha found out anything from the forum but this may or may not help but one of my father's and mother's closest friends were Harold and Judy Woodcock. I called them auntie and uncle. Harold was a french teacher at King Edwards Five Ways Boys Grammar School. Sadly, his wife drowned in the bath - it was not clear whether or not it was suicide. There were Scots in Judy's background/ family. They had 2 girls, Hilary, who was older than me must be in her late 60's now and Alison who must be early 60's. They moved from Aston to Narrow Lane on the Midland Red bus route outside of Birmingham. I know Harold remarried his housekeeper and moved away but that is as much as I know. It is possible that if Gotcha contacted the school they could tell him where he moved to....
Onwards and upwards!

Forgetmenot

« Reply #754 on: November 15, 2017, 10:51:23 PM »
Hello there peeps anyone recall a family living at Sudeley terrace off Balsall Heath road two shops between believe it was a tyre merchants Harry and Ellen Williams?