Author Topic: Looking for old friends or family?  (Read 283693 times)

SheffMick

Re: Looking for old friends or family?
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 05:35:52 PM »
Ayup (as we say in Sheffield), what's happened to my thread ha ha I thought I'd got a load of replies ! Anyway fellas having read the merged topic I think your forum is in it's infancy and your obviously on a bit of a learning curve (that's not a criticism), I'm a member of Sheffield forum and it is a few years old now and has grown and grown, pop over and look at how they do things over there !
Cheers.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 05:46:13 PM »
sheffmick that was my fault i was going to merge them the other way round but i made a co.....up sorry
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

SheffMick

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2008, 05:54:21 PM »
No problem mate !

Telstar

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 11:23:32 PM »
Does anyone know, Anthony Robinson.....? He went to St Vincent's Junior School, till 1969. He used to live over by Woodcock St, Gosta Green side ...?

Wonder how his life turned out....... Was it a bed of roses.......
The truth always prevails.....

debbie

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2008, 10:18:50 AM »
Does anyone know the Williams family that lived on Stoney Lane and Dovey Road

tramp

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2008, 09:47:40 PM »
I'd very much like to make contact with a neighbour from Ombersley Rd, Martin Edward Brown, 65 who also attended Clifton Rd.  His father was an Inspector on BCT, and taught me to fish.  A well mannered lad from a  fine family.

I am also looking for news of two other good lads, Barry Harris and David Rayson, who also went to, and lived in Clifton Rd in the 40s & 50s.  I haven't seen any of the 3 of them since '58, exactly 50 years ago - and it would be very good to know how they have got on over the years. I tried Friends Reunited, and the brum paper published my address here a few years ago when I was looking for, and made contact with Mrs Phillips our teacher for the last 2 years at Clifton Rd.  We're still in contact; she's 85 and not in the best of health.

I

debbie

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2008, 09:19:02 PM »
I wonder if anyone that new my auntie her name was nellie she lived on george street and had married a cyril johnson then married a jerry turley

Intalkid

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2008, 03:08:27 PM »
Does anyone know if the firm of Benson & Bond still exists? They were builder's merchants, I believe.

goody

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2008, 07:02:50 PM »
I lived in Scot St., Vauxhall,and Dollman St.,Duddeston Mill up to the age of 10.Our surname was Leake(Dad-Alex but known as Wal, Mom-Annie) Mom's Mom was Margaret Hollis, she lived in Inkerman St.,. I,ve lost contact with all the relatives,it would be nice to find someone who remember's me.

Telstar

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2008, 07:15:31 PM »
Hello Goody, welcome to the forum..... You finally made it....? I wondered would you ever come on?

Well now you have, enjoy it honey..... There is a thread ( topic ) on Nechell's, Vauxhall,  Duddeston and Saltley 40's 50's and 60's ...... Go to the Main Boards ..... click on history and you'll see it there.....

Have a look if you haven't already.... ?        ;) 

Ps. There is someone on that thread from, Inkerman St .... O0

Telstar
The truth always prevails.....

tramp

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2008, 07:42:55 PM »
goody,

Phil lived in Inkerman St for a while.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy