Author Topic: Looking for old friends or family?  (Read 283681 times)

brummylove

Re: Looking for old friends or family?
« Reply #781 on: May 31, 2018, 09:13:45 PM »
Does anyone remember the pilmer family  They lived in spark brook in 1977. Mr Pilmer was a school caretaker. It was an big old school , i cant remember the name but young children attended. The pilmers lived in sight. In 77 the son gary and a younger sister lived at home  but i think there was an older sibling who was married. In 77 gary was about 14 yearz old... Can anyone help?

Abt

« Reply #782 on: June 03, 2018, 08:46:05 AM »
I have sent you a private message.

brummylove

« Reply #783 on: June 10, 2018, 02:25:07 PM »
Does anyone remember what is now called, ladypool school sparkbrook, in 1977? Do you remember the pilmer family. Mr Pilmer was the caretaker. Is his son Gary now caretaker in the same school?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #784 on: June 10, 2018, 03:31:51 PM »
Does anyone remember what is now called, ladypool school sparkbrook, in 1977? Do you remember the pilmer family. Mr Pilmer was the caretaker. Is his son Gary now caretaker in the same school?

Brummylove

I remember the place well as the school was at the bottom of the road where I last lived in Birmingham, but I'm afraid by 1977 I was married and gone from there. Sorry I have no memory of anybody called Pilmer living in the area.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

brummylove

« Reply #785 on: June 10, 2018, 05:48:43 PM »
Thanks phil

brummylove

« Reply #786 on: July 04, 2018, 04:27:16 PM »
Does anyone remember steve Waldron? He lived in druids heath from around 1974 in one of the blocks of flats near the Gladiator pub. In '74 he would of been 19 years old. His wifes name was Joan (joanna) and they had a daughter named Esther. He went to bramwood school and had 2 brothers and 3 sisters.

Clairepb

« Reply #787 on: August 22, 2018, 03:04:10 PM »
Hi this is a very long shot but looking for anyone related to the poole family they lived in 10 delhi terrace emily street they had a few children Lydia g poole was then harris Thomas poole lizzie poole who dies in 1952 her husband jesse ed poole dies in 1944 they had a sone Jesse poole who died in 1941 there was also a Thomas poole and a Frances elizabeth poole I no some of the family are buried in Yardley but just wondered if you might be able to help!!

Abt

« Reply #788 on: August 29, 2018, 02:46:06 AM »
The family in 1901 are at 40 Emily street.
Samuel Poole b 1843
Rebecca Poole b 1847
Lydia G age 23 daughter married William Harris 1908
Albert 20 son
Thomas 17 son
Georgina M 14 daughter (married George Shaw in 1913)
Lizzie J 28 daughter in law
Jesse W age 1 grandson.

Jesse E Poole was lodging in Erith Kent age 25 married,Tool maker b Birmingham

1911 census Sparkhill grove, Baker Street
Jesse E Poole age 36
Lizzie J age 38
Jesse W age 11(married Helen E Stevens 1925)
Frances E age 6
Albert Poole age 30 brother.(he married Ida Swift in 1912 ,she died in 1930)

The census entry says that Jesse and Lizzie had 4 children only 2 living.

A little further on 1939
Birchwood road,
Lydia Harris b May 1877 widow
Florence  m 1913
Jessie R 1916.

Georgina M Poole who married George shaw had a daughter Doris Gertrude in 1914
Georgina later married for a second time to Charles  A Farncombe

1939 address 117 Chesterton  road
Charles A Farncombe b 1893
Georgina M b 1886
Charles G and Joan M  Farncombe, twins born 1922
Doris gGShaw b 1914 she married Frederick Fountain in 1940.

1939 address 2 Sparkhill grove Baker street
Jesse E Poole ,b 1874  incapacitated
Lydia b 1872
Frances E b 1905

Peg Monkey

« Reply #789 on: September 04, 2018, 02:28:25 AM »
Hi Folks, I was born in Heaton St, Hockley (near The Flat) 1949 and continued to live there for the next 10yrs, a number of relatives also lived in the same street, with others living just around the corner from The Flat on the station end of Park Road, needless to say, accent-wise, we were all blessed with the same gift!
Peg.
It's far better to look back on a rejection rather than a lost opportunity.

Steve

« Reply #790 on: September 04, 2018, 11:12:55 AM »
 ;D O0 
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Dizzy Di

« Reply #791 on: September 19, 2018, 11:03:17 PM »
HI there I am new to this site and I was doing a search on Birmingham Curry Houses in Mosely Road Birmingham in the 60's and came up with this thread.This is such a long shot but anything is worth a try. I am trying to trace a Pakistani man that worked in one of the Curry shops along Mosely Road, would have been 1964/1965. My family was the Murphy Family.. . .John, Ethel were my grandparents and my mum was Maureen also an Aunty Tina and Uncle Tony. I was not born then but my mum Maureen had my sister in 1965 and the father was a guy called Tony (prob not his real name) who worked in one of the Curry shops. That's all we know. Because of the shame to the family my sister was adopted. She is now 53 years old and with not much to go on is desperate to trace her roots and find her dad and birth family on her father's side. I was born two years later and my dad was John Tattam we grew up separately obviously but my sister found us all in 1991 and we have been very close ever since. I feel so sad that she has no  knowledge of her father, our mum moved to Holland and sadly passed 2 years ago. Someone may remember something or someone. My Uncle seems to remember the Jinnah curry house. We think the guy. . ..her dad was Pakistani, about 25 years old and called Tony. We also heard he was married and had a small child hence him not knowing about Michelle and her being adopted. Her birth name was Angela but was changed when she was adopted. It's a very sensitive, difficult and sad situation as her dad and family may not even know she exists. My sister is such a beautiful girl inside and out and has a lovely life but I know just knowing her roots would complete a massive void. If anyone can remember anything please let me know. There were three curry shops around where they lived. The Gulistan, The Jinnah and The New Delhi plus we think he may have worked in The Bombay and was in one of them a relief manager. Any one can remember Maureen Murphy and anything at that time in 64/65 with any Pakistani man that worked in the Curry houses in that area named Tony. MUCH appreciated  Thank you

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy