Author Topic: Looking for old friends or family?  (Read 283696 times)

bookworm

Re: Looking for old friends or family?
« Reply #792 on: September 27, 2018, 10:06:03 PM »
Hello everyone. A family member has been looking for many years for a DEREK HARDING  (Sp) in the hope he can resolve some family issues. He did at one time live with a KEITH and MAGGIE BANKS. This would have been in the very late '70's or early 80's. It is possible that at one time he did work as an ice-cream man. Obviously I am being a little candid with information but he will recognise the names I am sure. Here's hoping. Many thanks. Bookworm.

Andrea72

« Reply #793 on: October 17, 2018, 03:11:43 PM »
Hi I'm new here!.

My dad, George Frederick Harris is originally from Birmingham. He lived at Brookbank Avenue, Shardend, Birmingham (moved to Newry, N.Ireland late 60s) His parents were Harry and Beatrice Harris. Did anyone know my dad and/or his family?. I think a neighbour that lived next door to them were The Coopers.

Many thanks in advance.

Miss Andrea Harris

brummylove

« Reply #794 on: October 28, 2018, 07:55:42 AM »
Hi everyone, does anyone remember Steven Waldron who lived in a block of flats near the gladiator pub maningford  road , druids heath in the 70s ? He had a wife Joan and a baby girl named Esther..? He is my brother whom I lost contact with in 1986. Desperate to find out anything about him so I may be able to find him or at least find out what he did etc. Thank you for any information at all.x

Abt

« Reply #795 on: October 28, 2018, 02:51:39 PM »
From records I see that Steven was actually Stephen L  Waldron and he married a lady called Johanna A Rohan and they had a daughter Esther in 1974.
Electoral rolls show Johanna A Waldron and Esther Waldron on rolls from 2002 to 2018 I haven't got full subscription so I can't access address but I believe it may be Sandwell.

brummylove

« Reply #796 on: October 28, 2018, 03:06:14 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I did find Joan and esther is also looking for Steven.. I did notice his name spelt with a ph, but  it is with a v. It's Steve I'm looking for if anyone can tell me more....very very greatfull in advance.

Abt

« Reply #797 on: October 30, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »
Hi , I am sorry that it was the wrong one, my husband was registered  Stephen but  friends call him Steve.

The records for the one I gave you are for a Stephen L Waldron registered by Leonard and Janet(nee Slim) his siblings on record
Robert, Mark ,Lynne and Julia A.

Sorry i have been unable to find a Steven Waldron on records.

brummylove

« Reply #798 on: October 30, 2018, 09:08:24 AM »
Thank you so much for your reply..it seems your records show the correct Steven Waldron,  his name is spelt different to what I have always known...very strange...all the other details you gave me are correct....so anything else you can find would be very much appreciated...however small...he is very difficult to find....Thank you for all your help as a don't know where else to look...kind regards.lynne Waldron. X

Susana

« Reply #799 on: December 08, 2018, 02:48:38 PM »

Hi, I have just come across your message.  I'm one Mr Pilmers older daughters, Garys sister.  We did not live at Ladywood Road school but did live at Conway Road school.  Any further information needed, please feel free to contact me.

Joy watson

looking for Victor Chatwin lived in 50s maypole lane birmingham
« Reply #800 on: December 30, 2018, 10:41:41 PM »
Anyone looking to trace lost family members please use this thread.
[/quote O0 l am trying to find Victor chatwin he used to live in maypole lane in the 50s and 60s he joined the navy in 1961]his Mothers name was Doris and his Fathers name Alfred. He married a lady call Jean l believe we lived 3 doors away from him in Highters Heath Lane please contact me l love to meet up again regards Joyce

80sthrowback

« Reply #801 on: January 15, 2019, 03:21:45 PM »
Hi All

I’m hoping that this friendly and informative forum can come to the rescue again.

I’m helping a dear friend who would like to know more about her late father, Jimmy Reynolds.

Jimmy or James was an Irish builder who resided in Alum Rock during the 50’s then moved to a road just off Slade Road, Aston in the 60’s where he lived until his passing in the 90’s.

Jimmy was a builder by trade, and worked on many projects in and around Birmingham during his time.

Can anyone help with memories, pictures etc.

Thank you
If things don't change they stay as they are. So make that change.

Harley48

« Reply #802 on: January 16, 2019, 10:29:27 PM »
Hi my family name is swinbourne ,I live in Southampton. My fathers side of the family all come from brum , Fredrick , Winifred , hazel , geoffrey ,they lived in stirchley, dad left in 1969 to come to soton .they lived in riverside ave back then (in one of the prefabs) and would really like to hear from anyone that may have known them .geoffreys (dad) best mate was called mick who used to travel to Southampton on a motorbike together to visit his now wife . I am in contact with family members but would love to hear from anyone else
Kind regards glenn

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy