Author Topic: Looking for old friends or family?  (Read 283746 times)

Sidecarsid

Re: Looking for old friends or family?
« Reply #836 on: September 21, 2019, 09:12:00 AM »
Hello Havelock, Linda.
The mention of the Botanical Gardens certainly brought some happy memories come flooding back, during the school holidays
our mum used to take us on a short walk, my older brother and I would be taken for a short walk during the Saturday afternoons. Our dad would often be doing overtime and as a toolmaker, so was always in demand. So our Saturday afternoons were spent at the Bot Gards, as my bro and I called it.
We used to love going there as it was for two young kids "the Jungle" going around the hot houses and getting quite sodden from walking around the hot houses. Every time we where there it
was often a new adventure.
We are now both in our 70s He is in Australia while I'm in France, we still phone each other once a month and quite often The Bot Gardens often pops into the conversation. Happy Days.

Good Luck with your search. [/size]

Scipio

« Reply #837 on: September 21, 2019, 09:23:23 PM »
Hello Havelock, Linda.
The mention of the Botanical Gardens certainly brought some happy memories come flooding back, during the school holidays
our mum used to take us on a short walk, my older brother and I would be taken for a short walk during the Saturday afternoons. Our dad would often be doing overtime and as a toolmaker, so was always in demand. So our Saturday afternoons were spent at the Bot Gards, as my bro and I called it.
We used to love going there as it was for two young kids "the Jungle" going around the hot houses and getting quite sodden from walking around the hot houses. Every time we where there it
was often a new adventure.
We are now both in our 70s He is in Australia while I'm in France, we still phone each other once a month and quite often The Bot Gardens often pops into the conversation. Happy Days.

Good Luck with your search. [/size]

Sid I know what you mean me and a couple of mates while at school , we used to go there . In one of the hot houses it had a rather wide pool, the decorative wall surrounding the pool was about two feet high . We all had plastic divers about four inches long which created great amusement , one minute it was "Sea Hunt" of the telly the next they were army divers. I think if I'd got a couple of those divers now I'd be at Bot Gards tomorrow
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Sidecarsid

« Reply #838 on: September 22, 2019, 06:27:06 AM »
Hi Scipio.
I'm going to show my age again as the TV was only in it's infancy and no-one of Joe pubic could never afford one in those days, our aunt and uncle was the only couple in the whole of Bellbarn Road Edgbaston had one and that was in the mid 50s. 

lostlovestories

« Reply #839 on: November 04, 2019, 05:21:02 PM »
Hi everyone!

Hope this is OK to post here.

Wall to wall Media, the makers of 'Long Lost Family' and 'Who Do You Think You Are?' are making a new TV programme which will seek to reunite long lost loves.
Perhaps you were separated during a war or a move abroad? If circumstance has torn you apart from your one true love we would love to hear from you.

If you are SINGLE and would like to reconnect with a loved one from the past, we could potentially help.

Email longlostloves[at]walltowall.co.uk or call 020 3301 8577 for details.

All participants must be single and 18 or over. Contact made with us is confidential and obligation free.

Keith c mace.

« Reply #840 on: November 07, 2019, 07:37:19 PM »
William & Ada Bowen of Riversdale Road B14...Had six daughters,Louie,Constance,Jean,Elsie,Iris and Freda..All now deceased...There are many grandchildren...Are YOU one of them?....KC.

barry hopwod

« Reply #841 on: December 18, 2019, 03:53:58 PM »
hiya one and all my name is barry hopwood and lived in latimer st from 1945 to 1955 i had an older brother ,terry hopwood and a sister named valerie we all went to st thomass school .any one out there remembers us ,would love to hear from you

DMR

« Reply #842 on: January 22, 2020, 12:54:17 PM »
I would love to trace some of my old school friends who attended Clifton Road School. I attended from 1961 until 1968.  Roy Sutherland, Sandra Pinkerton, Sandra Penfold, Melanie Chalk, Deborah Bennett, Paul and Mark Downes, Phillip Fletcher.  I lived in Woodfield Crescent.  Roy ( had a brother called Kim and 2 sisters I think) and Phillip lived in Oldfield Road.  Deborah lived in Henley Villas, Chesterton Road and Sandra and Melanie also lived on the 'other side' of the Ladypool Road at the Clifton Road end.  We were all in Mr Lewis' class.  What a wonderful teacher.

Look forward to hearing from anyone with any info. 

DMR

Keith c mace.

« Reply #843 on: January 29, 2020, 06:10:07 PM »
William & Ada Bowen of Riversdale Road B14...Had six daughters,Louie,Constance,Jean,Elsie,Iris and Freda..All now deceased...There are many grandchildren...Are YOU one of them?....KC.

Aaron2019

« Reply #844 on: February 17, 2020, 11:59:10 AM »
Anyone know  Raymond "Taffy" Phillips? From Alum Rock maybe. Had a finger missing. Used to work in Alum Rock Cars...

Tommyb

« Reply #845 on: February 19, 2020, 02:32:13 PM »
Looking for any information on Tom Butler or Evelyn Butler nee day lived in house where mosque is now Highgate late 50s
Thank you

ford

« Reply #846 on: February 26, 2020, 09:05:11 AM »
My name is Karen Ford. I lived at upper webster street Aston from 1960to 1969. My parents were John and jean Ford. My nan was Constance kidd. Her sister was called cissy. My mum used to be friends with a lady called Pauline who owned the corner shop . She had a son called Bailey. Looking for anyone who can remember  them .

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy