Author Topic: Looking for old friends or family?  (Read 283679 times)

Tarango

Re: Looking for old friends or family?
« Reply #869 on: October 23, 2020, 03:58:54 PM »
Mikejee- thank you!

..... off to take a look.......

FlaxleyGirl

« Reply #870 on: January 28, 2021, 01:03:04 PM »
Hello,
I am trying to trace a Frederick Stanley Lester Marklew and possibly an Alice Risby.
Frederick would be in his 80-90's, he lived in Birmingham at Dyas road with his family: Edith Annie, Arthur Lester and henrietta Marklew in 1939. Frederick served the 2nd world war in 1943 at Stratford upon avon. We traced he moved to Quinton with Alice (possibly his wife) later in 1950's she changed her surname to Risby and we lost track of Frederick.
If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Desperately trying to get information on Frederick and any family related to him.
Many thanks
We are many years on, but I thought I'd mention that I am a Marklew and grew up in Birmingham. My father was a Stanley (b. 1923) I doubt there is a connection, but you never know. I do have a family tree somewhere and I will look to see if I can see your Frederick - it doesn't ring a bell. I have only just found this forum, and it has now sparked an interest!
I think my grandad's sister was called Alice, but she would have lost her Marklew surname on marrying.

Languagetech

« Reply #871 on: March 18, 2021, 01:04:55 PM »
My greatgrandfather was a iron bedmaker according to my grandfather's birth certificate from Boston Mass. It seems my GGF William Day went to Boston from the UK sometime between 1881 and 1891. I can trace  a William Day on the 1881 census listed as an iron moulder. Information from the library in Boston indicates that he returned to Liverpool in 1895 with my GGM and my grandfather and I can find them on the 1901 census in London . On the 1911 census William Day is listed as a patient in what is now the childrens hospital in Birmingham in Steelhouse Lane. Does anyone know if patients who died then were buried locally or if the hospital would still have records of patient deaths for 1911. Cannot find any record of a marriage between my GGF and GGM ,but on the q

Alberta

« Reply #872 on: March 18, 2021, 02:56:20 PM »
A few little discrepancies in the facts at the moment,
i have found your family in 1901
William b 1863 birmingham
Sarah Ann b 1863 Essex
Ernest w 1892 America
William S 1898 London

the William you say is an Iron moulder in 1881 was born in 1853

There is a William born 1863
on the 1881 census living with his family in stoney Lane, birmingham
his father is Moses and both William and his father are Bedstead fitters.

The william in hospital in Birmingham in 1911 is also b 1853.

When Ernest marries in 1920 he states father William Day, deceased Bedstead maker.

Languagetech

« Reply #873 on: March 18, 2021, 05:58:19 PM »
I note the comments from Alberta . I went to the parish church in Great Bardfield in the 80's and went through the records as they were still held there and noted the details of Sarah Ann Rivers who was born 1854, which does not tally with the information on the 1901 census where it is stated she is 38 which would make her birth year 1863. The census details appear to be correct in all other aspects , which is why I am having trouble trying to track down the right William Day. I know from a family bible we have the right Sarah Ann so they must have got the year of their birth wrong. I certainly hadn't come across the William Day that you found on the 1881 census , for which I am grateful and will pursue this further .

lin09

« Reply #874 on: March 28, 2021, 05:33:10 PM »
hi
not sure if this is of relevance how ever my great grand mother who i dont know her first name but her maiden name was grubham before she became bushell she had a daughter Amy who was my nan all sadly passed on however it would be interesting to find out about them i belive the grubhams may have lived on angelina street :)

Hobson36

« Reply #875 on: March 29, 2021, 03:57:14 AM »
Hi
Is there a way to reply to posts from previous years in 'Re: Looking for old friends or family?' with new information?

Snooks

« Reply #876 on: March 29, 2021, 10:41:46 AM »
Hi Hobson36 - I would give it a whirl... I always look at this thread just in case an answer comes up from before or even a new question. It's worth a shot or send a PM to admin they are always kind enough to help.
Onwards and upwards!

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #877 on: March 29, 2021, 02:03:34 PM »
Hobson36 welcome to the forum

look at the bottom of the page you will see numbers  starting with number one  you will have to find the post that your looking  go one first then two untill you find it then you can reply to that post  roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Hobson36

« Reply #878 on: March 29, 2021, 05:26:07 PM »
Thank you both.

So it is not possible to send a personal message to the previous poster, directly.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #879 on: March 29, 2021, 05:58:17 PM »
you have to make five post before you can send a pm
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy