Author Topic: Moseley 1940s - 1990s  (Read 2259 times)

MarkHunnibell

Re: Moseley 1940s - 1990s
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 03:56:27 PM »
Phil

Thank you very much for that map section. I was able to find it online on a 1951 map and zoom in a little tighter to read the house numbers (atch 1, 35 Trafalgar Rd 1951_crop.jpg)

Thus, it seems that 35 was the "bottom" residence of the duplex with no numbers on it (see 35 Trafalgar Rd 1951_crop.jpg). Of course, there is nothing there now. Still, I was able to find a 1982 map that seems to still show buildings there: (atch 2, 35 Trafalgar Rd 1982.jpg).

So I don't know when they removed the buildings, but it does not seem like it is THAT long ago that photos would not be around of the buildings in that area before the park was installed.

Thanks again,

Mark

MOSELIAN

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 12:39:52 AM »
Hello Mark, your post was passed onto me so I can see the area of Trafalgar Road you are interested in. From memory I think these houses were demolished around 1992 if I remember correctly, and I do remember them. There were quite a few on Traf Road earmarked for destruction around then and I tried to photograph as many as I could before they were demolished and will have to have a look through my photos to see if I have anything relevant to you enquiry. Is it just number 35 you are interested in?
Regards
Norman

MarkHunnibell

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 01:39:39 AM »
Norman

Yes. Just the #35. Thanks.

Great book, about Moseley, by the way.

Mark

MOSELIAN

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 07:07:24 PM »
Hello again Mark,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding your enquiry about 35 Trafalgar Road. I have been searching my archives looking for some photographs which for some reason I cannot locate but I have a feeling the houses I photographed on that side of the road were a little further up from the bend, that is the location of number 35.
I will still keep my eye open for anything regarding this address for you. Does it have some sort of a family connection to you? I have been on google street view and looked up and down Trafalgar Road but the way it is now regarding the numbering etc is a bit confusing. None of those side streets off Trafalgar Road (apart from Louis Lorne Road) existed, nor the park when I lived in Moseley and there were a lot more trees either side of the road.
Like I say, if I can come anything else for the address in question, I will get back to you here.
Kind regards
Norman Hewston