Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 563 times)

Jacqueline

TV Shows
« on: December 15, 2006, 02:06:13 AM »
Which tv shows did you watch and what did you like?

Some that i remember when i was quite young include emergancy ward 10 with nurse brown who bacame a sister at the end. Possibly the first soap type programme.

Another was the Larkins. I know i loved it but cannot remember much about it apart from Peggy whatshername was in it.
The american shows had a big impact on me the best being bewitched and the dick van [censored] show..well i was a kid.

All our yesterdays seemed so boreing and felt like it was a lifetime ago yet would have seemed recent to my mom. Ten years in a kids life is different to ten years when older.

The only good thing about the london paladium was beat the clock.

More recent years has to include Cathy come home filmed in Brum. There were others but i think the motel should be left out. ;D

So what did you watch?

john2000

Re: TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 07:52:15 AM »
Jacqueline, the crime rate in Brum is very high, that i do know, but its not so bad in your area, ( am I right ?) as far as tv shows, you missed out a good'en, Cross Roads back in the 60's, I used to follow that program, only because the cook "Carlos "'was a mate of mine, ( he lived next door to my aunt where I used to live, ).. there was one I thought was very bad, the game show was good, but the guy who was in charge, was awful , all he could do was tell weak joles and shout "Berrnie the bolt ", when that came on, the tv went off.
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Graham

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 07:16:03 PM »
Jacqueline, when I first started working I would dash home after work to get myself washed and dressed to go out training on my bike or washed and dressed to go out with my girl. It seemed that everytime I was washing myself, in the kitchen we had no bathroom, the 'Cross Roads' theme tune would be playing on the telly. I didn't like the programme but that tune always reminded me that I was going to have another fantastic evening. Now Thursday evening, for a time in 66, was a different matter. I would dash home, get the bike out, ride to the Solihull Cycling Club night at Knowle, have a chat to the lads, then dash back home to watch my one and only favorite, 'THE AVENGERS'! Thursday night was my heaven night. These days if I hear the Cross Roads theme or the Avengers theme, I'm instantly whisked back in time.

Boomer

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 12:34:32 PM »
I loved The Prisoner -- to me, facsinating stuff.  Even now, decades on, I sometimes pull out my copies just to have another look.
Live well; laugh often; love with all your heart.