Author Topic: elmdon airport  (Read 30902 times)

Jerry

Re: elmdon airport
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 11:20:21 PM »
 I don't usually involve myself in forum disputes and rebukes but this is something I've come across before on my own and other forums and I do feel strongly about it.
Grammar and style and spelling are unimportant, we're not at school and this isn't an exam. It's the contents of the post that matters and nothing else. I've known good people who have been put off engaging with forums because they've  felt intimidated by attitudes like that.
End of rant
Jerry
Always make sure you've got a comfortable bed and a comfortable pair of shoes because you're gonna spend most of your time in one or the other

denise

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 11:30:54 PM »
I will hold my hand up to making a similar blunder.

I pointed out to another member once that capitols meant shouting.

I did not intend to be rude.The person concerned told me that they needed to do it because of their eyes.I felt very bad about it as I had been thoughtless.

The person concerned was very gracious about it for which I thank him.

It does not matter how we write as long as we all join in and enjoy each others posts.   ;D

Andy Capp

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 05:10:41 PM »
HI
I'M AFRAID IF SOME OF THE MEMBERS ON THE BIRMINGHAM ARE GETTING UPSET ABOUT USING CAPITAL LETTERS ON THE FORUM INSTEAD OF LOWER CASE. THEN ITS TIME FOR ME TO PACK THE FORUM IN . BECAUSE I DONT THINK IT WAS SET UP FOR IT TO GET PICKY. I THOUGHT IT WAS A FRIENDY FORUM HOW WRONG CAN YOU BE. ANDY CAPP

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 06:50:49 PM »
Hi Andy

You know better than that, you have been a member longer than most of us. You know the majority of the membership don't care how you choose to communicate with us. As far as we are concerned you can use smoke signals the only trouble with that would be finding somebody who understands them.

I'd like to find the idiot responsible for thinking up these internet etiquette guides and stick them where the sun don't shine. Why does he think there must be rules governing the way friends communicate with each other on line.

In defence of the member who made the statement I have to say that he is new to our forum and doesn't quite know how our forum differs from most of the other forums he has experience of and that we have a more relaxed atmosphere here.

Andy please reconsider as I am sure that there are many on here that would miss you. I for one would be one of those.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

denise

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 07:53:41 PM »
Enjoy your posts Andy.

Hope you post again soon   :)

berniew

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 08:18:20 PM »
Keep on posting Andy how you post is up to you   Bernie

astwood

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 08:50:19 PM »
Out of interest was the airport built on elmdon heath
my ancestors the winspurs lived there circa 1820
astwood >:D

vauxonion

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 09:11:55 PM »
Astwood i dont think it was Elmdon heath was a bit further over towards the Warwick Rd rather than the  the Coventry Rd thois is just from memory some one will put me right if wrong . Dek

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 10:12:50 PM »
Astwood

There is more chance that they build the Rover factory over your ancestors house. Well the back end of the factory anyway. Elmdon Heath is more in that area the other side of the Coventry rd.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Andy Capp

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 11:51:01 PM »
HI Phil
I'm Taking Up Your Suggestion. Sending Smoke Signals Just To see If Thats Correct. Andy Capp

oznow

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 12:05:09 AM »
     HI ANDY,

I enjoy your posts mate, When I'm posting I find it hard to to see what I'm writing and when I first came to B F used to post in capitals as it was far easier for me to see.
You keep posting ... the bigger the better I think.

Oz  O0.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy