Author Topic: rip off shopping  (Read 1232 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
rip off shopping
« on: December 18, 2006, 04:02:18 PM »
its the time of year that we spend a lot of money on this and  that our cards get a bending and i see some of the big shops are having sales and in jan they all will have sales but i see that some shops are knocking two and three hundreds of there price and some 40 to 50 pound  (tom tom  sat nav) off  now if they can knock that much off the price and still make money how much are they making or mark up in the first place no wonder its called rip off england
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Graham

Re: rip off shopping
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 09:25:38 PM »
Roy, I don't know anything about retail trading in England, but retail traders here in Belgium are bound by law to sell their goods at 2.2 times the wholesale price. Say that they buy-in at £1 they sell at £2.20, they may give a discount but are still taxed on £1.20 profit. Twice a year they can hold a sale, Winter and Summer sale, sell at -50%, £1.1 that's 10p frofit that they get taxed on. What I'm trying to say is that they may be selling those Tom Toms at a loss to to get rid of stock before a new model is released.

I agree that England has become a 'rip-off' country, everyone here that visits England these days complains about the price of things and will think twice about a second visit.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 10:39:50 PM »
hi graham that is the new tom tom   roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

lggauctions.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »
Buy it from china and get it cheaper, it's getting to expensive here.

:o
Free Listings.
www.lggauctions.co.uk

Graham

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 10:52:59 PM »
Have been buying there for a long time now, on eBAY. So what's new Doc?

lggauctions.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 11:16:11 PM »
If you buy direct wholesale you will save loads, not just from the guy's doing ebay selling.
Free Listings.
www.lggauctions.co.uk

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy