Author Topic: Time for a debate  (Read 4845 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Time for a debate
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2006, 06:18:40 PM »
sorry to say jl i could not care less you think what you like and so do i  and its a good job we do not all think the same if we did we would not need sites like this to air our views
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

John_Lerwill

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2006, 07:37:06 PM »
Well, Roy, what you've just said is a piece of PHILOSOPHY in its own right, so you have now illustrated that you DO practise it!  ;)

The problem is the more you deny something, the more it persists. That's one of the laws of the universe that is.
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

Langstraat

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2006, 09:11:15 PM »
Jumping straight in after an absence of some time. I read the topic of discussion and would like to add my opinion.

I believe those that are found guilty of a crime which justifies life in prison should serve that period till the end of their natural life.  Now I would have added without parole but I've changed my views over the years. I think that those who have an interest ( parents and loved ones) should be offered a place on the parole board. When they were no longer alive the chances of release would be increased. The time spent inside should spent to the benefit of the community, they should be given work to do so they may earn their keep like the rest of us. That goes for all the prison community; it would help to improve their feeling of self worth if nothing else.
Now back to topic.
Where my views may differ from the forum and the argument which has ensued. I believe that those convicted of a capital crime should be given the option of ending their own life. A humane method, but the point is that they could choose this opt out.  Obliviously those who maintained their innocence could continue with the appeal system but those who realised that they were never going to be released could be responsible for their end.
Our legal system is based on removing someone from the community who breaks the communities laws. To be removed is the only punishment which we use. We do not torture or inflict pain as recompense or retribution removal from society is thought to be punishment in it's self.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

John_Lerwill

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2006, 09:39:15 PM »
A reasonable perspective, I think, Langstraat.
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy