Author Topic: Time for a debate  (Read 4846 times)

John_Lerwill

Re: Time for a debate
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 07:20:07 PM »
most of us in the uk think that life should mean life

Do they, Roy?
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

spyro2000

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 09:41:41 AM »
most of us in the uk think that life should mean life

Do they, Roy?

Thats actually a tough one is that. In theory yes I think life should mean life, but then again, I do also think that people can change their ways no matter what they have done and some people may be truly sorry about their actions.

Also if there is no chance of release then what incentives do these prisoners have to behave whilst in prison?
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 09:52:19 AM »
yes most in the uk think life should mean life so many have been let out of nick then killed again do we not have the wright to  life and feel safe i would not like to see folk hung or put to death just in case they had not done it and i do not wish to get into the god thing again i think maybe dead is dead
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2006, 10:03:09 AM »
hi spyro   yes folk can change most of us do every 7 years so I'm told but would it not make you think be for you went out with a gun or knife if i kill ill never be free  but then you would say well if thats the case they will shoot there way out and then the police would need to carry guns and so on and so on so then you come back to hang um or life should mean life its a hard one

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 10:24:30 AM »
just a foot note and my last   some years ago robbers got 30 years for robbing a train and that meant they would do at least 20 years now some have been given life and they are out in ten  so now you must ask money or life what  means the most

john2000

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 11:01:28 AM »
Roy, Life should mean life, with out parole, like in the Moors murder case, some years back, and as far as the sick people who molest children, they should be put down ( better still, put them in a room with the mothers of the children they molested , and close the door,) I think they should also bring back the whip, ( cat o nine tails), and the kids who run wild, taking cars, joyriding after the third time they should be put in a boot camp, instead of sending them on holidays, or buying top of the range sneakers,
but again theses "Do gooders" ,will complain about spare the rod and save the child crap, just wait till its their old mother thats get beaten up for their pension, then they are screaming for blood, its the same as that Farmer who shot and killed that guy who broke into his house, the farmer was put down, ( which I can understand why, because he shot the guy in the back,) he should have shot him in the legs, later when they interviewed the guys family all you could hear was "well he was good boy to his granny".... he was a thief
Every one is afraid to speak out because it "may"upset some one, who the hell cares.
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 11:54:59 AM »
hi john   now did you know that the farmer who shot that lad had been robed 3 or 4 times be for and did you know that the one lad was going to take the Farmer to court for compention because he could not do his job  robing folk

john2000

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2006, 12:12:44 PM »
Roy... and I bet they had a hard think about it, do we, or dont we let the charge go through.
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

John_Lerwill

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 12:50:33 PM »
...i do not wish to get into the god thing again i think maybe dead is dead

:)

Fine, but in all honesty we'd all find a lot more answers to our questions if we'd take up philosophy a little...

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2006, 02:09:58 PM »
PHILOSPHY  now thats a big word for my small mind   philosphy is just words by men who think they know it all  and for men who can not think for them selfs

John_Lerwill

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 04:23:38 PM »
PHILOSPHY  now thats a big word for my small mind   philosphy is just words by men who think they know it all  and for men who can not think for them selfs

Neither of which is true, and a sad point of view. Sorry, Roy.  :-\

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy