Author Topic: TILE CROSS  (Read 58997 times)

Batch

Re: TILE CROSS
« Reply #220 on: December 27, 2017, 05:36:17 PM »
Hi Paul Mann. Yes I remember your dad. I was head paper boy in 1966 and I worked in the shop! I was there for the opening of Crossroads when Noele Gordon opened it!! I went on the trips to various air shows but always in a coach not a plane!! I also remember your grandad mum and older brother!! My name is John Batchelor and I lived in Briddsland Road. I certainly didn’t sell the shop to your dad!! I think the Sheasby’s did!!

Batch

« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2017, 10:12:24 PM »
Hi Paul Mann. Yes I remember your dad. I was head paper boy in 1966 and I worked in the shop! I was there for the opening of Crossroads when Noele Gordon opened it!! I went on the trips to various air shows but always in a coach not a plane!! I also remember your grandad mum and older brother!! My name is John Batchelor and I lived in Briddsland Road. I certainly didn’t sell the shop to your dad!! I think the Sheasby’s did!!

eco1943

« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2018, 08:20:11 AM »
Hi eco1943,
I find your posts very interesting as you build up a history of a place you grew up in (and thought you knew) but, actually you don't.

So, please, keep them coming. As regards Tile Cross Primary, I only knew it when it was long built and have fond memories. It's good that we are preserving these for historians in the future.
Kind Regards

Hello Gary,  I know its been a while since you posted this, but I was reading some of the old post's and came across this that I don't remember reading before,  its the first line about me thinking I knew about the place but actually I didn't,  could you tell me what you actually meant.
Regards Eco 1943