Author Topic: TILE CROSS  (Read 93621 times)

GardenGerald

Re: TILE CROSS
« Reply #231 on: January 13, 2021, 05:40:57 PM »
Hello Ed
Great memories.
Good news, the powder gun to fire powder into your lungs went well.No side effects. So will now expand use to help a lot of
people. I have been asked to continue trial and of course I said yes.
I well remember the Mokes and going down Duddeston Mill Road from Devon Street to the Railway bridge.
The tin cans were great. Used them in my early days to germinate seeds.
Take care. Your pal..Gerald.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #232 on: January 13, 2021, 06:24:17 PM »
Hi Gerald,glad to hear your progressing ok.Ive been on a new drug puffer called CELLERGY for my COPD,It's working well.They can't get rid of us Duddeston old boys that easy.You certainly bought back memories of Dudeston Mill Rd and our Mokes it certainly was frightening when I think of it now, but did we think so at the time.No way.Anyway Keep Well mate hope thing get better for you.Ed
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

gary_m_walton

« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2023, 12:04:58 PM »
Hi Gary M Walton.

You said that you used Elmdon lane to do your plane spotting, did you use the small track  on the R-H side of Elmdon lane opposite Elmdon Road which was Newland lane or did you go down to the big gates at the railway track where it meet the end of the smaller runway.
There was the private drive to three or  four big houses opposite Digby Drive which were owned by the airport as the General Manager lived in the furthest towards the runway intersection. This was the best vantage point as there is an old air raid shelter inside the perimeter fence where we would sit and watch the planes landing and taking off.
We where even treated to seeing a Tiger Moth doing a cart wheel while landing on the grass by the intersection, pilot unharmed but very embarrassed. We had to get out pretty quick then as all rescue vehicles where arriving.

Hello, only just seen this and so sorry for massive delay. Hope that you are still here. I used both Newland Lane and Elmdon lane to spot. At the end of Elmdon lane, there was a small fence but you had a nice clear view to the airport. I used ti love seeing the old biplanes (Moths and Rapides) and I recall the old air raid shelters very well and we used to sit on them to spot. Rarely did we get any grief as I think we were known by the airport security. Just writing this takes me back to very happy days. Not so much now, sadly.
Now, where did I put my time machine ....

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy