Author Topic: is birmingham heartless  (Read 586 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
is birmingham heartless
« on: December 23, 2006, 11:04:45 AM »
its been said that brum is now heartless and only 30% of folk are from brum and it seems that brum has been cut up in to small parts by race its now cold soulless I'm alright jack the days of not locking your door or go next door for a cup of sugar till dad gets payed have gone the little shop in your road where the shop keeper new you and had time for a chat and some times you could get tick if you had no money till dad got payed the shop was the heart of your street you could even get one egg or buy one fag at a time its all gone and so is the smile and so is the heart its dead
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

john2000

Re: is birmingham heartless
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 12:17:54 PM »
Roy.. and now in this day and age, the people who live at nr:23 don't know the people who live at nr: 27. people fit steel doors and shutters to keep safe, many an old person sits at home terrified to go out at night,
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Jacqueline

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 12:46:53 PM »
And why is this? What has destroyed us?

Easy answere DRUGS.

John_Lerwill

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 12:56:01 PM »
And why is this? What has destroyed us?

Easy answere DRUGS.

Well, predictably perhaps, I would say it's more to do with lack of self-belief that causes people to take up things like drugs.

BTW, there's a very good article in to-day's Daily Mail about the Salavation Army and the work they do in Brum.
We are all ONE - despite appearances!