Author Topic: If it's gonna go wrong it happens BIG TIME  (Read 1351 times)

Jacqueline

If it's gonna go wrong it happens BIG TIME
« on: December 23, 2006, 07:32:16 PM »
Do you ever have those days when it all goes wrong?

Ours happened last week. My niece was celebrating her 18th on the other side of brum. I was feeling a bit poorly and decided not to go but hubby was left to pick up our son from Yardley Wood and another son was going to follow from Kings Norton as he was unsure of the way.

In the meantime our girls phoned from Redditch and asked if he could take them also. After a number of phone calls we agreed that both girls plus one boyfriend would get a train to Northfield station where their dad would pick them up.

They arrived at the station in Redditch and rang to say the train would arrive in Northfield at 6.45 which was earlier than the 7.30 we intended to start out.  Hubby left to pick them up. After he left daughter rang to say the next three trains had been canceled and she would not make it.

Panic set in. Hubby does not use a mobile and i had visions of him sitting there waiting. BRAINWAVE - rang my son in Kings Norton and asked him to drive down to his dad to warn him.

Second call from daughter. " Guess what mom the train turned up and we are on it". I then phoned son who was on his way to his dad and told him to turn back.

Train was later than expected arriving. Daughter rang to say she could not find her dad. BY NOW I WAS SWEARING. ???

He had got sick of waiting and gone to other side of station as he had no idea of the mess up on the phone. They finaly found each other but when they were near to the venue in Lea Hall daughter realised she had left pressie behind and asked if her dad could run her back to Redditch. The reply was a resounding NO. ;D

John_Lerwill

Re: If it's gonna go wrong it happens BIG TIME
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 07:51:28 PM »
 ;D

I don't think I could think of a better one than that, but I have a little story...

Many yonks ago (way before mobile phones existed), I took charge of a new car. A British-made car. Car worked fine for a couple of weeks, except I'd heard a tinny bang, but since the car seemed OK, I ignored the noise. One day we were travelling through countryside, at least 10 miles from any petrol station. Petrol guage showed more than a quarter full. Car stopped in the country lane and wouldn't re-start. For some reason, I deduced that the guage was not showing the right picture, and decided that I had to go the 10 miles or so to get petrol. But how? There was no traffic in the lane.

I had noticed a parked car further back in the lane, and went to find it. Well, it was still there, but you might guess what was going on inside. After tapping the window and I waiting a polite 5 minutes, the disconsolate couple peered out of the window to find out what I wanted! When I told them the situation, there was a look of despair on their faces, but they agreed to take me to a petrol station, and so that is how my problem was resolved!

The cost to me? A new pack of Durex to provide for their future adventures!

Oh, and what had happened to my car? The fuel tank had imploded!
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: If it's gonna go wrong it happens BIG TIME
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 09:05:31 PM »
 they call that sods law if things can go wrong they will big time
if you are in a hurry things will hold you up
and bad things come in threes
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy