Author Topic: speed camera piggy bank or what?  (Read 559 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
speed camera piggy bank or what?
« on: December 24, 2006, 11:12:25 AM »
are speed cameras good or bad do they make you slow down until you have past then you speed back up i find it hard to keep my eye on my speed and see the road at the same time iv been driving for 40 plus years and for the first time i got 3 points and 60 fine i come out of a 70 speed limit on to a 30 speed limit when i got in to the 30 limit i was  slowing down to 35 mph and a speed camera got me so i got done doing 35 in a 30 zone   i was upset about it but like most paid up this camera was not a fixed it was a mobile one so i think that they hide you can not see them but they see you and its just  BLOODY PIGGY BANK
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

John_Lerwill

Re: speed camera piggy bank or what?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »
Nah... You got it wrong, Roy - the proceeds go to feed Santa's reindeers ... how else are they supposed to get fed?  ::)
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

john2000

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 11:40:35 AM »
They have a little trick here in Holland, they have two speed cameras, the first is fixed and every one can see it, so every one slows down, then every one speeds up and then "gotcha".
and now with theses hand held radar guns, the hide behind a tree and all you see is the police man as you go flying past, "gotcha" and after a time it starts to get expensive so now most just keep under the limit........... :-\
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 11:58:51 AM »
well jl what can you say to that  santas reindeers must be bloody fat living on the fat of the land  i know the police do not get the money that you gets robed off you it just goes to buy more speed cameras so they can rob more off you but i think that the new thing that iv seen saying slow down and puts your speed up is fare better even in the dark or fog they show up
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

John_Lerwill

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 01:02:51 PM »
They have a little trick here in Holland, they have two speed cameras, the first is fixed and every one can see it, so every one slows down, then every one speeds up and then "gotcha".
and now with theses hand held radar guns, the hide behind a tree and all you see is the police man as you go flying past, "gotcha" and after a time it starts to get expensive so now most just keep under the limit........... :-\

The fixed cameras here are getting 'clever' here now, John - they're becoming linked so that they feed data to a computer that works out your average speed, so here - too - you can now easily get caught out; slowing down at one camera does not help now.
We are all ONE - despite appearances!