Author Topic: Tillingham Street/ Turner Street.  (Read 183 times)

Phil

• Global Moderator
Re: Tillingham Street/ Turner Street.
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2018, 11:16:55 AM »
Thanks Phil.
I was beginning to think it did not exist despite I lived there, your a genius. Yes I remember Moydens, but not Turnpike.

Magpie

As I said yesterday I am unable to find a photo showing  the part of Highgate Road where Chestnut Place was, but as promised here is a section of OS map locating it for you.
Make Love Not War

Magpie

Re: Tillingham Street/ Turner Street.
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 11:15:59 AM »
Hi Phil.

. Thank you for the picture. I recognise the gates across the road at the top of Tillingham street, I would think the years we are looking for are about 1918-1936  or from about 1942  to maybe 1960?
  I really don't know. I was always led to believe that during the war the vanasten family lived at the bottom end of turner st. (ladypool Rd end) on the right side which was bombed in the war, my family's house took a hit killing one of my aunts, I seem to remember some tall black gates which gave access to some land where the houses once stood and believe this was the Cole yard.  It was on same side of road as Mr Allsworths shop. I have no one to ask to confirm this as all relatives are no longer with us.
one other thing Phil, I don't seem to be able to find anything out about a place called chest nut avenue off Highgate road it maybe chessnut not sure any thoughts,

many thanks
Richard