Author Topic: spectacles rip off( gripe for today)  (Read 1512 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
spectacles rip off( gripe for today)
« on: December 24, 2006, 12:56:28 PM »
spectacles rip off  iv just got me a new pare of specs £146 my last pare was £120 so i did not think to much of it  until i went over to a mates house and i got chatting to his wife she seen my specs and ask me how much i paid when i told her she said look at this and we went on line she found the frame that i had got the cost with lens and post was £25 so i felt i had been took for a ride have you been too for a ride  have a look at specs direct co.uk you'll have a shock
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

John_Lerwill

Re: spectacles rip off( gripe for today)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 01:06:18 PM »
Have a very very Happy Christmas, Roy - and please make sure the mistletoe doesn't scratch you!  :)
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

john2000

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 01:15:30 PM »
Some years ago I was in the UK, to see friends ( yes, I still have some ), one of the guys asked about the cost of reading glasses in mainland Europe, well, I gave him mine cost ( € 3.- ) he asked if I could send him some over, no problem. so when I got back I sent him some through the post, end of story, wrong.. when the reading specs arrived at his home he had to pay 15.00pounds tax on them, now that is a rip-off, they where cheap and can be bought in any store here in mainland Europe, so the next time came over to the uk I bought him some for the year,  Cost total € 12.- ......Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you all..... ;D
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

John_Lerwill

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 01:19:10 PM »
I don't know why your friend went through that rigmarole, John. I bought good reading glasses at the local chemist's for £5 10 years ago, and still have a pair for emergency purposes.

These days I use a pair at £15 from the local supermarket (Tesco). And they're as good as need be.
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

john2000

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 01:28:20 PM »
Roy, next time you're in Spain, pop in to that Small shop thats sells all the things for the beach, you will see the sun glass's there and at the side you will find all types of reading glass's. just try one or two read the little card, to see which is better for you and now you have them..
 but I was surprised when I was in the bullring, there was a stall selling hands free phone connectors, cost 5 pounds ( € 7.-) which plug into your cigarette lighter in the car, and they work, over here the same thing cost over €50,- and up) so its a case of swings and roundabouts....

john2000

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 01:32:24 PM »
John_L maybe he thought it was something for nothing... I still have some friends like that, ( but don't we all)........ :(

john2000

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 01:35:55 PM »
Look at the Advert for British gas, they have missed out two words at the End......."the red"...  ;D

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 02:50:56 PM »
i can not understand why they charge so much i know they have got overheads and things like that but the spec shops all ways seem full and they do send you a reminder every two years  think ill start sending out reminders and see if it brings me in a few bob when i was in Spain i went in to a shop to have a screw put in how much i ask nothing the man said but your frame is not to good its weak not good so i had a look at his frames so there and then i said can you put my lens in your frame  yes you come back one hour the man said    so i did bingo new frame 4 euro no  charge for fitting sadly i lost um two weeks later 8)
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy