Author Topic: Two deaths just before christmas  (Read 1124 times)

Jacqueline

Two deaths just before christmas
« on: December 26, 2006, 12:39:21 AM »
Not sure if those of you overseas heared of the death of comedian Charlie Drake a few days ago.

Also if any of you listen to talk sport radio the well known journalist and radio presenter Mike Dickin was killed in a car crash a week before christmas.

Sad at any time of year but even more cruel for their families so close to christmas.

John_Lerwill

Re: Two deaths just before christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 11:11:18 AM »
"Hello My Darlins..."  :)

Yes, I recall Charlie Drake from his start on children's TV in the 50s. Never impressed by his type of comedy, but with a cheery face like that he could win quite a few friends.

I'm afraid we're of an age, now, when we're going to hear of a lot of passings on of personalities from our younger days. Alan Freeman was another fairly recent one.

Dunno whether anyone's been watching the BBC4 series of tributes to lady devas in the entertainment world... I really enjoyed those on Alma Cogan, Edith Piaf (on Friday), who both died in the 60s, of course, Vera Lynn and that famous Francophile, Petula Clark. They showed clips of her going back to her TV appearances from as far back as 1946.
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

spyro2000

Re: Two deaths just before christmas
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 04:06:54 PM »
Also R.I.P James Brown :(
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy