Author Topic: Records Bull Ring.  (Read 7783 times)

denise

Re: Records Bull Ring.
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 08:08:31 PM »
Made me feel all nostalgic.........those were the days ay ??

tramp

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2010, 12:13:55 AM »
9teen48,

Thank you for this fine link - just the British Pathe name recalls the odd trip to the ''bug 'ut'' - you always came out carrying a few extra bits of extra protein. ;D

tramp

tramp

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2010, 01:15:36 AM »
9teen48,

Having spent almost another hour on your link, I'm so very,very pleased with all that I've found.  I particularly liked the BR clip as I never saw it and it's just been replaced; having gathered that many loathed it while at least as many like Phil, loved it, living chunks of their youth in and around it, it was good to see a bit of it.

I've especially enjoyed many of the 'Year Reviews' like 1961 and '65.  Thanks again for this walking talking history book  O0

tramp

rosinae

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 08:38:03 AM »
Hi Wiseman
sorry for taking to long to reply but Ive been on holiday
Any way ref to a man names Mr England it dosent ring a bell but then my brain is slighty older
When I get the knowledge to put pics on the forum I will certainly use afew from my collection
The sad thing is though I left Brm in 1962 to join my husband in Germany and only came back for a couple of months per year to stay with family
So I have'nt many pics and the ones me dad had got lost when me mom died
If he was alive today he would be able to fill the page up with stories of the Bullring from the late 40s till the 90s thats the time he spent in the Bullring first as a traditional barrow boy then when the market changed to the little stalls he used to help other stall holders I bet a lot of the older stall holders knew my dad his nickname was 007 Benny Bond
Now there's another opening (ha ha)  Rosinae O0

wiseman

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 08:55:52 AM »
Hi Rosinae,

Thanks for this it was a long time ago. :)

Rob.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Bull Ring Jim

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2017, 09:43:09 PM »
I worked For John Moore at the Bull Ring Market in the 1970's, selling fruit and veg.
Hard work but great fun.

townie

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2017, 10:10:18 PM »

Jim you should go to Bull Ring photos thread, lots of photos you may see yourself on there or recognise someone.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Potomac

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2017, 05:46:31 PM »
Reading through this thread and seeing mention of the soap box orators in early posts reminded me of the fights that took place in the Bull Ring when Oswald Moseley and his blackshirts rallied there.  I was told about this as a youngster but have never heard much about it since. I have not seen mention on this or another forum.  I wonder what, other than newspaper reports, exist   This would have been in the early 1930's I guess.
best wishes,  Alan

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy