Author Topic: MILLWARD STREET , SMALL HEATH  (Read 4984 times)

changinman1

MILLWARD STREET , SMALL HEATH
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:47:47 AM »
Hi,

in the late 1960,s / early 70,s my nan and grandad had a shop in Millward street in Small Heath which was general provisions / newsagents. Their names were Charlie and Hilda Field , does anyone have a photo of the shop from any era and also does anyone remember my grandparents. Regards Karl Field. O0

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: MILLWARD STREET , SMALL HEATH
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 12:00:34 PM »
Changinman

Sorry I can't help you with any information on your grandparents or a photo of their shop. I have a photo of Millward St if you would like to see that. I'm going out for a while now so it will have to be later if you want to see it.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

changinman1

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 12:22:51 PM »
yes please.....I would like any photo of the street...gives you a general pic of what it was like... thanks.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »
Changinman1 & David Boyce(who sent me a PM) This is a photo of Millward St which I think ran between Green Lane & Little Green Lane.

I have to be honest and admit that I didn't know this road, so if it the wrong one please forgive me.

David pop on the site and introduce yourself. You have done the biggest part by joining. Posting is nothing, as I have said loads of times "we don't bite".

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

changinman1

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 07:25:24 AM »
 8) Hi ...thanks for the posting , I am however not familiar with this street and so cannot say whether it is or not in fact Millward Street, can someone validate this piccy...cheers guys....n gals 

chesace

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 06:23:22 PM »
hi my name is alan

I remember the shop as I was born in the street in 59 my mother still lives in the street she is 94 (Im there now)

It has changed a lot since the photo latest change is our darling council building a council estate on what was green open land
put in place in the 70s for local residents

picture fits the bill as far as i can see

cheers
alan

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 06:42:17 PM »
Hi chesace

Welcome to the forum, in answer to your question on the other thread Changinman the poster who made the enquiry about Millward Street hasn't been on the forum since 2012. That doesn't mean that he won't see your message as lots of people look in without logging on.

Could I make a suggestion that you remove your telephone number from your post as you don't want to be getting spam and other sorts of weird calls. You can do that by clicking on the modify button on the top right hand of your post
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

chesace

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 11:51:54 PM »
hi

thanks for the tip

regards

alan

millward st

planetmalc

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 04:24:56 PM »
I remember the shop as I was born in the street in 59 my mother still lives in the street she is 94 (Im there now)

I knew Millward Street quite well   -   can you remember what number (approx) the shop was at?     
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

chesace

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 10:47:24 AM »
hi

Hi

If I remember right number 52 just up from woody  and next to Donahoe just past the lamppost house still there just from my mothers
you might also remember the off licence at the bottom of the road and also shop on opposite corner and old  wood yard/builder
will try and dig out some old photos

Did you live in this area if so take a look if you are passing its changed a bit

regards

alan

planetmalc

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 01:19:27 PM »
hi

Hi

If I remember right number 52 just up from woody  and next to Donahoe just past the lamppost house still there just from my mothers
you might also remember the off licence at the bottom of the road and also shop on opposite corner and old  wood yard/builder
will try and dig out some old photos

Did you live in this area if so take a look if you are passing its changed a bit

regards

alan

I not only knew the area, Alan, I also used to knock about with the girl who lived at the shop at #52 (which by that time, late 1961, had become 'the former shop at #52' and was now a private residence).    Her name was Norma Knight, and when I first met her she had just left Marlborough Road school and started work at Fine Fare.     Her family moved from the area sometime in 1962/3 and I lost touch with her.
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy