Author Topic: Photos of Bournville  (Read 16462 times)

potblack

Photos of Bournville
« on: December 28, 2009, 08:53:21 PM »
Does anyone have photos of Bournville - not the Works, the School or the Green. but less usual ones.

mikejee

Re: Photos of Bournville
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 11:26:41 PM »
I've got a book of reproductions of postcards from bournville . Some are  a bit rubbishey, but will try to scan some of them in and fiddle with resolution so they are without that horrible criss-cross pattern on them. Should post soem tomorrow.

9teen48

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 12:50:50 AM »
In the meantime, here is a postcard view of the shops in Sycamore Road Bournville.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 12:40:34 PM »
Some more photos of Bournville

The Girls Dining Room.
The Girls Grounds
Rowheath Pool

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mikejee

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 01:24:09 AM »
Sorry I've been a bit longer than I said, but have had some trouble with my scanner. Trouble with the Twain (not train). To start with 2 of Linden road and 2 of Woodbrooke road. To keep within the 189kb limit I'll do them in two lots

mikejee

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 01:26:52 AM »
sorry for the criss-croos on one of the last two. it didn't look like that on my computer after I'd reduced it. here are the other two of linden road

mikejee

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 01:52:16 AM »
Four more, this time of of Maryvale road. First three in the early years 1900-1940 ?, the last a recent one from the same point as the third one, again split into two lots

mikejee

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 01:54:40 AM »
Last two this evening -sorry morning !. will post some more tomorrow

jaykay

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 10:56:03 AM »
Hi Mike,
Yes Moire patterns are a nusiance when scanning from books, mags etc, or even taking photos off the tv.
I don't own a scanner,(had 2, but both packed up) I now take photos of everything and get rid of the pattern in photoshop or paintshop pro.
If you google  moire pattern  there are some good articles on how to remove it during scanning, hope you don't mind me telling you this (you may already know it).
Regards John1.

mikejee

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 10:59:36 AM »
Thanks Jaykay. i have found altering the reso;ution seems to be some help, but will do some more googling
mike

Langstraat

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 11:38:08 AM »
Sorry I've been a bit longer than I said, but have had some trouble with my scanner. Trouble with the Twain (not train). To start with 2 of Linden road and 2 of Woodbrooke road. To keep within the 189kb limit I'll do them in two lots

Hiya,

Regarding your pattern clash; The printing process uses different screen angles for each colour to avoid moiré patterning, if the application you are using doesn't have a 'de-screening option you could try turning the image a few degrees before you scan and then 'returning' the scan afterwards.   
The quality of the scan can be further exasipated by reducing its size for the limitations of this site. If you use one of the many free hosting site then the quality may be improved.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy