Author Topic: Photos of Bournville  (Read 16454 times)

mikejee

Re: Photos of Bournville
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 12:02:13 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I'll try it.

mikejee

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 06:18:49 PM »
Hopefully these will all come out OK. All of bournville lane, 3 old ones and one from 1980s from station

mikejee

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 06:21:38 PM »
Other two, i think both from close to the station but one early incentury other in 1980s or so

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 10:32:41 PM »
Nice photo of a A company outing in 1931 with all the chara's waiting outside the works and a photo of the Village school and Carillon.

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

jaykay

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 07:59:46 AM »
Nice photos Mike and Phil,
The second of Mikes photos- the building right in the centre is where my grandaughter runs her kick boxing classes every Friday night, travelling up from Overbury to do so.
Phil, the carillion is where my grandson went to school next door.
Regards John1.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 12:00:55 PM »
John1

Overbury, what a delightful place to live. Does she live in the village itself? In one of those marvellous stone built cottages,

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mikejee

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 03:46:23 PM »
Here are the last that i think are worth putting on from the book. The first is labelled baths and club. The baths are now offices (being listed they couldn't be pulled down ). the club was gone by the time i knew the site, replaced by Linden block, but presumably was replaced by the building over bournville lane in what were then the girls grounds. The second is the factory seen over the station buildings, showing some of the many chimneys that once poked up from the site. an't be too early as the station is called bournville and not Stirchley . the third shows the result of a fire in F block , which must have been at the station end of the site.

mikejee

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 03:52:47 PM »
The last three. the first shows bournville transport lined up. i think it is at the far end nearest the station gate, though I'm not sure of there was definitely a gate there then. The second shows the day continuation school on the green and the third shows the factory under camouflage in the war

jaykay

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 07:58:14 AM »
Hi Phil,
First and foremost, a happy new year to you and all members of the forum.
Yes she lives in the village in School Lane, how do you know it ?.
I'll be there in February, tried to post pictures on the site but can't seem to have any luck since the upgrade.
Best wishes to one and all John1.

jaykay

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 08:06:14 AM »
Phil,
http://www.aboutbritain.com/towns/overbury.asp

here's a link to Overbury with 6 of my photos.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »
John1

I came across Overbury when the wife and myself was having a touring holiday around the Cotswolds and Gloucestershire a few years back.

There are quite a few villages in that area that are off the beaten track and a distance from any main road. These are the places that we love to see. Unspoilt the the modern hurly burly of life. I think I have got some photos myself somewhere but they would be hard copy prints in one of my albums then. If I think about it I will look them out and scan them.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy