Author Topic: good by my england  (Read 8599 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: good by my england
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 08:43:03 PM »
sorry ted heath lost it 18months it was m/t when they got back in and at the same time she said the miners will never do this again and they did not she shut the mines down
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

John_Lerwill

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 10:30:39 PM »
Huh?  ::)
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 11:40:28 PM »
jl sorry about that    ted heath did not take us in the eu if you remember he was in power for 18 months then he went to the folk to vote and he lost the next time the cons won was with m/t and she took us in the eu i think it was the miners that put pay to ted heath and when m/t got back in she said the miners will never do that again and she made sure that the mines went

spyro2000

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2007, 12:08:15 AM »
Whats m/t?
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2007, 12:11:37 AM »
jl sorry about that it was ted heath who took england in the eu but we did not get the vote on it but  i was wrong and you was rite it was ted heath sorry i should have found out more but i did not but its ok to be wrong and to admit it

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 12:16:15 AM »
spyro     m/t   margret thatcher sorry

spyro2000

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2007, 12:27:32 AM »
Thank you. Please continue  ;D
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1

John_Lerwill

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2007, 08:00:58 AM »
jl sorry about that it was ted heath who took england in the eu but we did not get the vote on it but  i was wrong and you was rite it was ted heath sorry i should have found out more but i did not but its ok to be wrong and to admit it

It was gracious of you to admit that, Roy, but I do assure you that when I know I'm in the wrong I will also admit it without problem.

But please also see my next posting.

John_Lerwill

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 08:06:53 AM »
But, sorry Roy, you are still incorrect about the vote.

There was a referendum in 1975 on it.

See http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/uk/2001/uk_and_europe/1970_1979.stm

In the event the British public said: "Yes" to Europe, by about 2-1.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 10:36:10 AM »
jl sorry but i did not get the vote im sure i was overseas at the time flying the flag for england

john2000

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 10:57:05 AM »
Spyro.. MT, put England back 300 years, ( and 300 years ago they had a tax on the size of the windows,(true) ), but MT came up with the same idea, but called it the poll tax, but later a new government came into power and stopped the poll tax, ( they didn't they just changed the  name.)
back in the 60-70's  oil-gas was found in the north sea  just off the coast of Scotland, ( we where tobe come a major oil supplier to the world, oil companies moved their offices up to Scotland, and in doing  so gave thousands of people work in an area that had been deprived of work  and we would have had oil and cheaper gas, England was on its way tobe come  Great again, "wrong" MT sold it all off to other countries for a pittance, when the miners wanted a better income, she closed down the mines, putting thousands of miners out of work,.
workers who had been down the mines all their lives, had to do jobs that did'nt earn the same salary or fully understand the new work offered to them, so they had tobe retrained, ( many where to old to learn new tricks,) so they where out of work,
when the carcompanies had problems, she just sold them out to foreign companies, and gave the outside companies a lot of money to keep the industry running,  well as soon as there was a problem the foreign companies just closed down and moved back to their own country taking with them the money they had made,.
And what I dont understand is, the people of Britian voted her back in time after time........ ???
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional