Author Topic: good by my england  (Read 15142 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
good by my england
« on: January 02, 2007, 11:16:48 AM »
once we stood tall and held our head high our brave forfarthers gave there life so that we would be free to rule our selfs and now it seems that our England's been took away from us by the back door and we have let that happen big time what could not be taken with guns and bombs has been given away free our brave young men of the 1940s give there lives for nothing to be English meant something and it still does  like what can we take from them now how long will it be be for our flag is gone and drive on the right and our mps are told what they can say and do I'm in the winter of my life thank god iv not got to put up with it for  much longer
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Graham

Re: good by my england
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 12:52:15 PM »
Roy, I have always been good at reading when the writings on the wall, that's why I got out 40 years ago!

john2000

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 01:15:07 PM »
You lot, want to do what I do, when you hit the big "five 0", go back the other way, as for me, well I'm -33 years old, ... ::) and I ask my ladyfriend how does it feel going out with a younger man, great, ( then that gets me thinking ha,.. ???
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

John_Lerwill

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 05:42:35 PM »
once we stood tall and held our head high our brave forfarthers gave there life so that we would be free to rule our selfs and now it seems that our England's been took away from us by the back door and we have let that happen big time what could not be taken with guns and bombs has been given away free our brave young men of the 1940s give there lives for nothing to be English meant something and it still does  like what can we take from them now how long will it be be for our flag is gone and drive on the right and our mps are told what they can say and do I'm in the winter of my life thank god iv not got to put up with it for  much longer

Roy, you're no older than me yet I sometimes feel that I'm reading the words of someone born ca. 1870!!!  ::)

My gt-grandad, despite his personal achievements, thought that civilisation ended at Dover - looks like there are a few people that might still subscribe to that view!

There have always been difficulties to overcome, as well as beauties of life. Nothing has changed - has it?  ???
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 06:32:35 PM »
jl your right as always

John_Lerwill

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 07:00:47 PM »
jl your right as always

I expected somewhat more from you than that, Roy - you passed a new Year's Resolution or summat?  :o

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 07:16:39 PM »
jl what you expect and what you get are not the same but once again your right

John_Lerwill

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 07:24:45 PM »
jl what you expect and what you get are not the same but once again your right

:D

spyro2000

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 10:27:58 PM »
Im confused, what are we talking about here? Are we talking about things like immigration?

Will somebody point me in the right direction. Im sorry, I was born in the 80's  :P
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 11:14:10 PM »
spyro
           what i was trying to say was england is not its own master anymore by being in the eu we have let them rule our way of life bit by bit they take it away and they give us so much red tape but the rest of the eu do not take any notice of the rules just the uk remember what the french did to our sheep in france set them on fire not so long ago the french put a block on the ports with there trucks if we did that in the uk the police would tow them away but not the french and they let folk stow away in the back of uk trucks so when they get to the uk its the truck driver that gets it   does that help and thats just a small part      and JL if you read this yes your right again

spyro2000

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 11:29:21 PM »
Cheers Roy. Yes it does help alot. Once again its not really a topic that I would say I am up on though, but I will be watching from the sidelines as I do have a keen interest in learning.

*Slowly backs away from the thread*
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy