Author Topic: good by my england  (Read 15113 times)

john2000

Re: good by my england
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 11:38:03 PM »
Aaah, now we understand, you only came at the end of the flower power, so you missed all the fun, not that we had all the fun, you want to talk about immigration, well it all started after the war, when England was at its lowest ebb, we go the country on its feet again, and was earning a livable wage, but we had more work than we knew what to do with, so we asked all our common wealth countries to come and help, which they did, 99.99% of the immigrants where good honest and hard working people, ( and if you don't believe me, ask your grandmother,) now remember most of these countries had sent their sons and daughters to help us in the war, we had Indians, Jamaicans, South Africains, Canadians, Australians,  Pakistanis, now remember without theses people Britain would not have won the war,( and if you don't believe me, just go to any war cemetery, and walk down the rows of white crosses, and look at the names. but like most things the system was abused, and they stared to come over in the boat loads, but no matter, we had a lot of room for them, but then other countries immigrants heard everything was free in the UK, we ( England ) was easy going, and they could get something for nothing, all they had to do was get to England, thats why you could see lots of immigrants trying to get to the UK via the tunnel from Europe, a lot of them didn't bring any skills, a lot turned to crime for easy money, and from the late 70's the problem got worse, the doll queses got longer pensioners got less every year, this put a strain on the system, and doing so the English people suffered, and are suffering,which is now turning into anger, a lot of second generation immigrants put their children throw school, and now they have a lot of professional people who are a credit to the society,
but when they came over they also brought their culture with them, example, African culture is that a woman marries a man, and they have children, all the children belong to the man, so the woman has her babies before they get married, that way if theres a divorce, she keeps her children, and the state cant get money from the husband because they ain't his kids.'so again its a drain on the state,
the simple problem is that they let to many immigrants into the country, look at last year when the EU let a new country into the common market. the civil servants said that there will only be around 30.000 people coming into England, "wrong" try 600.000.
who can blame them for trying to get a better life, a lot of English left England to find a better life which we did, ( if we didn't we would have gone back home long ago)........but remember be proud of who you are and what you are..... :)
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

spyro2000

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 11:43:50 PM »
John, thank you for the reply, it was a very interesting read. I am understanding a lot more now.

Immigration is fine as long as it is done right and for the correct reasons, as you say, many immigrants come to the country and bring skills with them that are indeed needed in the UK, but also there are those that see it as a free and easy ride over here, that should not be taken lightly. Tougher restrictions need to be put in place.
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1

john2000

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 11:52:21 PM »
True Spyro, but they are too afraid to offend, ( like waving the English flag,) don't do that, it may upset some one,... but the way things are going, next year Christmas dinner Will be .. Chicken, curry, kebab, and a mince pie....... ;D
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 12:30:30 AM »
JOHN you put that nice but theres a lot more to it that its the free riders coming hear for the hand outs and getting it and trying to chang our way of life and things you can not say or do it may up set them but its ok for them to say it       JL IF YOU READ THIS YOUR RIGHT AGAIN
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

kelama

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 01:46:23 AM »
personally, don't know how anyone can afford England, raised in a two up two down back alley slum in darkest ladywood in the 50's, the price of real estate in my former home would gag a monkey.
My niece recently moved  into an apartment by the cut..excuse me canal, which I understand is quite fashionable in Brum these days, what's really amazing is the transformation from an open sewer were all the factories would discharge their waste and where dead drowned dogs would decompose
in a matter of hours to a pristine waterway that eighteen month old babies can bathe in.
It might be so long England...but at least it's cleaner.

John_Lerwill

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 08:12:14 AM »
Im confused, what are we talking about here? Are we talking about things like immigration?

Will somebody point me in the right direction. Im sorry, I was born in the 80's  :P

Then you're young enough not to be affected by this new wave of nationalism, Spyro - thank God!  :)

This country has got immeasurably richer (materially and spiritually) - particularly since the 1960s - and one of the reasons why is because of the immigration of West Indians, who took over many of the jobs in the public services of transport and hospitals, and the Asians, whose belief in education and entrepreneurialship has stimulatred this country no end.

The influx of these and many others has woken up this country from a moribund and over-inflated island race into a country of real worth in the world and a basis of idealism from which we can only grow some more.

The efforts and sacrifices of those in WW2 are not forgotten at all - particularly the sacrifices of the West Indians and Asians who supported our war effort, and until a little while ago were forgotten about.

Welcome to the UK - citizens of the world!
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 10:26:49 AM »
jl once again iv got it wrong or one of us has i was having a go at being part of the club that i was not asked if i would like join i was told i was joining never mind if it was good or bad for me i was told you'll like it and look at what cost and we do not seem to have much say about things

John_Lerwill

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 01:28:58 PM »
jl once again iv got it wrong or one of us has i was having a go at being part of the club that i was not asked if i would like join i was told i was joining never mind if it was good or bad for me i was told you'll like it and look at what cost and we do not seem to have much say about things

I think my comment was related to your posting, Roy - or was certainly intended to be!  ;)

In point of fact, there was a referendum on the matter of 'the club' (the EU) back in the 70s. Now that, surely, was authority enough for the us to join?

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 03:15:29 PM »
jl you think do you well i sure we was not ask m/t just took us in  sorry jl your wrong

John_Lerwill

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 05:19:19 PM »
Oh, Roy!  :)  Vous etes un piglet!  ;D

John_Lerwill

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 08:17:19 PM »
jl you think do you well i sure we was not ask m/t just took us in  sorry jl your wrong

I've only just cottoned on to what "m/t" is meant to be. Margaret Thatcher, right?

Sorry, that's not correct. We joined under Ted Heath back in the 70s. And after a referendum.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy