Author Topic: How did we get here  (Read 3940 times)

John_Lerwill

Re: How did we get here
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 05:22:28 PM »
spyroo  well said mate youv got it in one

We keep talking just about the Bible, Roy.

That's the problem with this kind of discussion on this forum - it becomes very single dimensional as none of you have looked at the wider picture. Unfortunately.
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

John_Lerwill

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 05:24:55 PM »
JL... the only devil is inside all of us, as is goodness ( compassion ) and some times one takes over the other for a short time..... :(

Precisely! The master is one who can control those impulses.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 05:58:50 PM »
well when your backs up the wall and you know your not going to win or make a usfull point bring the god thing in to it becouse thats all some folk have no mind to think for them selfs jl youv lost this one with me sorry to say just words no proof but the point is jl you beleave in it and good for you youv got to have somthing in your life and if its the god thing go for it no one will look down on you for that im sure of that by the way happy new year
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Graham

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 07:58:19 PM »
well when your backs up the wall and you know your not going to win or make a useful point bring the god thing in to it because thats all some folk have no mind to think for them selfs

Roy, I said this a while back "the bible is just a book of rules for those that don't know how to run or lead their lives". I have met many of those that, when in a corner, start referring to the bible and say that "nothing is impossible". These are those fanatics that I so dearly love to hate.

John_Lerwill

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007, 08:04:35 PM »
Your argument might make sense, Roy, but the issue is, Roy, that the subject of 'God' has been with the greatest thinkers since the year dot...

Socrates, Pythagoras, Plato and on to Newton, Einstein and a great number of more recent sientists and philosophers including Needleman and Stephen Hawkings. I don't have to refer to 'just' Krishna, Buddha and Jesus.

I don't think those thinkers had their "backs up [against] the wall", do you?

It is by seeeking the truth of God that you obtain inspiration and find greater truths. And learn to love your fellow human being a little more.

But on top of all that I can relate to a number of personal experiences that have come to me as a result of having some kind of faith (faith in God, not religious credo).

I accept that many others may see matters differently, but I am amazed when there is so much in the sciences that is confirming the spiritual world of the philosophers and saints, that people want to ignore the truth that is around them.

There developed too much scepticism of God after WW1 amongst ordinary folk, but the eastern teachings have been turning the tide for some years now. Thank God!

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »
hi graham yes i think you rite and there seems to be a lot of them about  so i think its best if you just feel sorry for them most are harmless some are just ill and some just hide behind it and some are just blind  happy new year to you graham
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

John_Lerwill

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007, 10:32:59 PM »
Now you are struggling, Roy!  ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy