Author Topic: Cadbury memories  (Read 14866 times)

Jacqueline

Re: Cadbury memories
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2010, 12:27:47 AM »
I agree with you Denise, I live real close to the factory and mom worked there for 35 years. I feel so bitter.
Was the same with the HP factory. Thought i would not buy beans again but then realised i bought heinz soup. Have now gone to Baxters. ;D

Choccies are not a problem as i do not eat them but the huge history of the site is a problem. The area still has homes of which some are rented. It is frightening what will happen in the months or years.

wimbush yardley

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2010, 07:37:27 PM »
Hi all/
        Thats the first promise broken,all those jobs in Bristol to poland no doubt,still we have some car jobs coming to Coventry from Holland.
                                                          Regards Ken.
Do not judge a house by its appearance but by the warmth of the welcome.

Jacqueline

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2010, 08:34:13 PM »
Yes Ken it looks like Bristol have been let down within days. This makes me wonder about the whole cadbury empire. What about the homes rented in the area. Also the national lottery and camelot were funded from five companies one being Caduury's.  >:(

mikejee

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2010, 10:54:04 PM »
The houses in Bournville are owned by the Bournville village trust, not Cadburys so the ownership will not be affected. As to the lottery, Cadburys and three of the other owners had already said tha thye intended to sell their share  on the market before Kraft took over
Mike

Jacqueline

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2010, 11:49:13 PM »
Thanks Mikejee, That does make sense. Was thinking overtime and looking at the whole cadbury site in brum. What with selly oak hospital moving this year that would make one very huge estate to rival Longbridge. Yet that is a worse case scinario.

townie

« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2014, 10:27:30 PM »
Did you know that John Cadbury founded the world famous chocolate firm, from no 93 Bull Street, and before it was Bull street it was called Chapel Street.     
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Minny

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2014, 12:32:32 AM »
Yes and No.

townie

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2014, 11:00:45 AM »
Good Answer
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Ray Harrison

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2014, 02:06:30 PM »
What is the situation with Cadburys at the moment ?. I have lost touch with is goings on, I was at the Cadbury factory in Hobart they make the same stuff as the UK but are not part of any sell outs (Iam told) .  A little fact about chocolate , the biggest consumer per head in the world is Ireland.
BUD

mikejee

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2014, 03:37:26 PM »
All of Cadbury was taken over in 2010 by Kraft (including Australia). They then split the foods side , which was largely American and produced monstrosities like "processed " cheese and salad dressing made of wallpaper paste,  from the confectionery side The confectionary side was renamed Mondelez (which incidentally is a Russian slang word for a certain sexual practice, though this doesn't seem to bother them- shows how indifferent Americans are to anyone else's opinion). The reason why you probably haven't noticed much difference is because of the large predominance of the firm in Australia in the confectionery market. You may yet have the joy of them trying to persuade you to eat "Philadelphia spread with CDM chocolate " (Ugh) and the like.  Hopefully not . If they have any sense they will leave well alone, as the firm's  predominance shows that Australians, whatever any other failings they have, like being inordinately keen on sport, have excellent taste in confectionery, and any tampering is likely to produce adverse results

Ray Harrison

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2014, 04:04:33 PM »
Mickjee, Just checked up on that ,you are right. I did question them when I was there weather they would be part of the take over and they told me No. They insisted they were a stand alone company.  They do make quite a few products we don't get over here. My wife worked at Cadurys back in 70s it put her off chocolate for life cant stand the smell which is good ,more for me.
BUD

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy