Author Topic: what school did you go to  (Read 166476 times)

bookworm

Re: what school did you go to
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2011, 08:04:50 PM »
In answer to you Roy Ben, I am sorry that the name means little to me although it is possible our paths crossed more than once in Farm Park. Happy days!

Alfie.H.

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2011, 10:33:13 PM »
Hi all, I went to Twickenham Road J&I 1964-1970. Then onto Kings Rise Sec.(formerly Peckham Rd) from 1970-1975,like a previos post, it to was pulled down to make way for houses. The junior & infants are still there. I think they are still called Kings Rise (formerly Peckham Rd.)

maurice34

Re: what school did you go to Ada Road Sec Mod.St Andrews rd by Blues Ground
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2011, 09:41:11 PM »
from 1944 to 1949  Head Teacher H.J.Brown  Osborne Deputy Head  Mr Lyons class teacher    Our playground ran to railway end   Blues football club opposite  Great memories

seaminx

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2011, 09:14:25 PM »
I first went to rookery rd school, and remember dad came to pick us up. he was a radio and television engineer, we all piled into the back of his van, where as soon as he pulled away we promptly rolled out the back on the a thankfully quiet road. I then went to a school in hockley , name im not sure ,i would love to know its name. there were still plenty of what we called bomb sites and remember finding sea shells lying about in the soil, with small holes in them,I realizing later ,thay were from a button maker.
 ,dad had opened a shop on key hill ,( i remember a pet shop up the road and bought a white mouse and carried it every were, ::) untill i took it to school were it was comfiscated). The workshops at the rear colapsed and so dads hopes. this im sure now was due to a forest of japanese knot weed behind the building. I remember the entrance to the cemetary oposite. We soon moved to Ladywood and dad worked as an engineer for radio rentals. I went to Follet osler where i left in 1966.

ywallen

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2011, 10:39:32 PM »
 :) [Iquote author=roy ben link=topic=4050.msg118787#msg118787 date=1265140766]
what school did you go to and what do you remember about it did you get the stick did you go on school trips  did you have school dinners and anything that you think the members would like to know about youre school

I WENT TO HOLY TRINITY PRIMARY SCHOOL IN THE 70,S THE SCHOOL WAS SITUATED ON HAVELOCK ROAD IN HANDSWORTH DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THIS SCHOOL

Alfie.H.

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2011, 10:08:26 PM »
I had no choice about staying for dinner @ Twickenham Rd. as it was too far to walk home. But at Kings Rise, I stayed 1st day, then from the 2nd day went home!!

john2000

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2011, 10:31:10 PM »
Went to Seven Road school in Acocks Green, J2
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Gee Gee

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2011, 06:18:05 PM »
Attended Oakley Road School (well Sometimes) spent most of my school days playing truant and roaming the streets of Sparkbrook.Chased the young girls as they came out of Conway Road school.Generally,I lead the life of a dickensian,scampish,rascal,and loved every moment.Sweet treasured memories.

lady leaver

« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2012, 10:37:43 PM »
I went to Yarnfield Road infants and juniors, Tyseley - Greet Primary School -
Formans Road Seniors and Erdington Hall Secondary Modern till I left in 1959 aged 15.

alanmillard

« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2012, 11:25:28 PM »
Went to Seven Road school in Acocks Green, J2
hi j2 so did my wife she went to severn rd school too and so did her brothers. alan

john2000

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2012, 05:42:10 AM »
hi j2 so did my wife she went to severn rd school too and so did her brothers. alan
When I was back in the UK, I visited the school, all changed, even the building that had the window that I smashed, ( snowballing), that all gone to, ..J2
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy