Author Topic: what school did you go to  (Read 166459 times)

alanmillard

Re: what school did you go to
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2011, 08:31:23 PM »
I went to Rea st and Hope st finnishing at beirton road south yardley. alan
stop bloody moaning we had two up two down i had to sleep in the same room as my sisters who was all older than me did this till i was twelve then the council told my family to turn the front room into a bed room for me. alan

wam

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2011, 10:13:18 AM »
Started school 62 (Kingsley Rd, Croydon)
63 or 64 Percy Shurmer, Sherbourne Rd
at 10 St Lukes, Bristol Rd
at 11 King Edward vi camp hill (King's Heath really)

memories
the maypole at Kingsley Road, Mr Jury (Headmaster) loans out books and Mr Thompson teaches science (the lighthouse) and a drawn-out fight with Billy Seeney at PS, handwriting is a subject at St Lukes, playing football with a half-deflated football, the basketball team, 3rd year biology with a female teacher fresh out of training all at KEVI

astoness

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2011, 06:09:56 AM »
i spent my first few months at alma st then onto farm st infants and juniors finishing at lozells sec mod for girls... :)

lyn

Spud

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2011, 01:22:30 PM »

Formans Rd Athletic Team Champions 1955
I am the goodlooking one but I suppose that I would be in 1955.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

maggie

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2011, 07:34:14 PM »
All those  young and "innocent" young men wonder what
do you think happended to them.
I bet some became rogues, some lovers, some paid the
piper, other played the tune.....
Which one applied to you Spud, or are you keeping stum

do unto others as you would be done by

pauline w

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2011, 09:20:21 PM »
hi members i remember the green free dinner tickets  the paid ones eat first the free ones went in last to eat  it wouldn't happen to day Pauline

trapio

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2011, 10:44:06 PM »
Hi Pauline,

Sorry, you must have had a snobby HM at school as there was no 'green tickets last' at Clifton Road when I went there, 1948 - 54.

trapio
Integrity is non negotiable

Spud

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2011, 01:27:19 PM »
All those  young and "innocent" young men wonder what
do you think happended to them.
I bet some became rogues, some lovers, some paid the
piper, other played the tune.....
Which one applied to you Spud, or are you keeping stum
You are about right Maggie .I know of least one who did Porridge for robbing a Co-Op Milkman.
One went on to have a trial for The Blues but gave it up. Sadly one or two are no longer with us.
Me ? I'm the one on the far right sitting on the Chair ::)

buster

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2011, 03:28:42 PM »
I was at Formans Road in 1955 I left christmas 1957.The thing I remember about the school was how the boys and girls had seperate entrances and playground.Has a girl we had to go out off school to do housecraft.We went to a house on the Yardley Road.Also one summer two friends and I saved for a tent to go camping at Stratford on Avon in rain that much Christines dad came and got us back the next day

Spud

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2011, 03:43:09 PM »
I was at Formans Road in 1955 I left christmas 1957.The thing I remember about the school was how the boys and girls had seperate entrances and playground.Has a girl we had to go out off school to do housecraft.We went to a house on the Yardley Road.Also one summer two friends and I saved for a tent to go camping at Stratford on Avon in rain that much Christines dad came and got us back the next day
We must have been at Formans Rd at around the same time.I actually left  at Christmas 1955. I was Head Boy for the last term.Don't know if you remember a Teacher named mr Dovey . A really great bloke. He put on Treasure Island as the End of Term Panto  at Christmas .I was  cast as Long John Silver. You are quite right about the separate entrances for girls and boys.Do you remember old Satch Leese or Mr Brittain ?

john2000

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2011, 05:59:09 PM »
Yes and me, I went to Mary St school, nothing much, sat by a very timid girl, who wouldn't say boo to a goose, ( many years later I had to go to a house with a friend to visit some one he knew, and bloody hell guess who his misses was, yepe the same girl I sat next to at Mary St school, but my god there wasn't anything timid about she was the boss and her old man did what he was told,
Later Hope St school, got the cane many a time, ( for nothin,well I thought so anyway), I was for a time milk monitor, ( taking the milk around the classes,). I suppose I could have done better, and I know I could have done worse.. J2 O0
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy