Author Topic: what school did you go to  (Read 166470 times)

townie

Re: what school did you go to
« Reply #363 on: August 10, 2016, 07:05:53 PM »
No problem jamesm consider it done.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Diggory Jons

« Reply #364 on: September 25, 2016, 04:08:54 PM »
Hello Townie & Co

I went to Loxton Street School from 1946 until 1956.
Great school and ejoyed school life. Knew were you stood, try hard and you got good results. Mess around and be silly and you felt he soft tap of the cane across the hand or backside.
Anyone else from Locco or lived in that area.
Best wishes
Diggory

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #365 on: September 25, 2016, 04:26:30 PM »
Diggory

We have quite a few ex residents of the Nechells, Vauxhall & Duddeston area that post to the forum as this thread below demonstrates. I never went to Loxton Street myself but a lot of my friends did, myself I was a St Vincent's pupil

http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2050.0
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #366 on: September 25, 2016, 04:33:16 PM »
yes phil it seems your right  ::) ::)  we do have members from that part of the world  ::) its a small world  O0
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

townie

« Reply #367 on: September 25, 2016, 07:47:05 PM »
Roy. There doesn't seem to be many members from the South side of Birmingham.

brumdave

« Reply #368 on: September 25, 2016, 08:10:14 PM »
I started school at Cofton Primary and finished school at Turves Green Secondary Modern school.

Diggory Jons

« Reply #369 on: September 25, 2016, 08:19:51 PM »
Hello Phil
Did you know Tommy Byrnes, he lost an eye meshing about with golf clubs, he was a really good footballer just like his cousin who played for Manchester United. Another lad who lived  just round the corner was Johny Virgo. He was the first one to have a motor scooter. He used to take me for a run round on it so as soon as I could save some pennies I got a 125cc Bantam Motor bike. It was my pride and joy.
Great days and great friends.
Diggory

trish

« Reply #370 on: September 26, 2016, 01:53:28 PM »
My twin sister and me went to Our Lady of Lourdes School, then on to Bishop Challoners School late 60s early 70s

townie

« Reply #371 on: September 26, 2016, 02:04:23 PM »
Trish Once I can get into my post of schools I will add your 2 to it.

DutchinBrum

« Reply #372 on: September 30, 2016, 07:55:41 PM »
Hi everybody!
I went to Ryland Rd in Erdington (to be re-named Erdington Hall, as some of you will know) infants and junior school. Passed my 11+ in 1954. I wanted to go to King Edwards Aston, where my brother had been, but I got to go to Central Grammar instead. In those days it spanned between Burbidge Rd and Cobham Rd in Bordesley Green. For some peculiar reason the postal address for the school was Cherrywood Rd, but the only connection with Cherrywood Rd was we had to walk down that road to get to another school to do woodwork!
The headmaster was Sir Rodney M S Paisley, Bt. A nice old bloke until he gave me 6 of the best!!  :-[  [size=78%]In 1957 the school was moved to a brand new building in Gressel Lane, Tile Cross - all nice and posh. A few happy days and lots of miserable ones! I have a few tales to tell if anyone is interested [/size] :D

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #373 on: September 30, 2016, 08:05:02 PM »
Hi DutchinBrum,

Welcome to the forum, I'm not sure if we have any members from Erdington posting at the moment, and as for Central Grammar I'm afraid this is the first time I have seen the name mentioned in here, but I'm sure we will all be enthralled by the tales you tell of your school days.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy